Derby U23s vs Chelsea: Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute belter of a game and not a hint of luck involved in what was a tip-top performance from the lads. The Leicester game seems to have breathed a bit of much needed confidence back into the lads and they were more than good value for the win. Showed real quality, battled for everything and worked their socks off. Absolutely loved that.

6 minutes ago, Stuniverse said:

Three in two, Cresswell starting to look clinical again, like he did in his breakthrough season at U23 level (a few years back) when he was prolific.

A couple of weeks back he looked like he couldn't hit a barn door, despite the rest of his game looking really good. Get's a goal and now looks brimming with confidence. It's easy to forget sometimes that they're just kids after all. MOTM in a game where there were any amount of really good performances.  

What a great win and some battling performances there. Liam Thompson was a real workhorse in midfield, Solomon starting to look classy and Jordan Brown with a real captain's authority.

Cresswell is looking sharp again and it's good to see Festy Ebosele back out there. He is rusty, but I thought he got better as the match wore on.

Special mention for young Dylan Williams, got a lot of close physical "attention" but kept picking himself up and getting on with the game.

Well done, young Rams! 

A good win despite the best efforts of the ref.

I really hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't see what Aghatise brings to the team! The lad is strong and isn't short of pace, but I just don't see the footballer in there. And the fact that the coaches seemed to spend the entire game shouting his name and telling him what to do, makes me believe that they don't think his decision making is very good.

Archived