Great TV from your Youth

Van der MoodHoover

Can we show a little more respect for our wheelchair-bound detectives please.

Just 8 days short of 58 years ago, my mother was sat watching her all-time favourite TV show... Ironside.

... Then the contractions started! 
I turned up less than an hour later, but of course, Ironside had finished by then, so she never did find out who did it!  (The murder on Ironside, that is.  Not the "who got her pregnant"! )  ? 

Apparently, she was not amused with the timing, and if truth be told, I'm not certain she ever forgave me!   

Sorry Mum.
xxx

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, richinspain said:

Casey Jones, Children of the Stones, the Partridge Family, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

Children of the Stones made the Daleks look like the magic Roundabout, it was that scary.

I struggled to sleep for two nights at least after each episode, and i was in my early 20's by that point.

Someone mentioned Carry On earlier.

A few months back, I saw Carry on Camping was on, and gathered Rev Jr (21) to watch along.

About half hour in, he asked what was funny about two nonces trying to cop off with schoolgirls?

I couldn't really argue.

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Can we show a little more respect for our wheelchair-bound detectives please.

Just 8 days short of 58 years ago, my mother was sat watching her all-time favourite TV show... Ironside.

... Then the contractions started! 
I turned up less than an hour later, but of course, Ironside had finished by then, so she never did find out who did it!  (The murder on Ironside, that is.  Not the "who got her pregnant"! )  ? 

Apparently, she was not amused with the timing, and if truth be told, I'm not certain she ever forgave me!   

Sorry Mum.
xxx

Happy birthday for next week @Mucker1884

13 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Can just see her dancing around her handbag in the Pink Coconut 

Back in the mid nineties I used to see Isla Fisher a fair bit at Arkwrights that pub under the assembly rooms. She tended to be there on a Friday with Tracey Shaw till one or the other began playing away with the other ones fella- Darren Day ?  

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Back in the mid nineties I used to see Isla Fisher a fair bit at Arkwrights that pub under the assembly rooms. She tended to be there on a Friday with Tracey Shaw till one or the other began playing away with the other ones fella- Darren Day ?  

Yes, I had a similar encounter with the two of them at the Anchor in Oakerthorpe about that time. (Not the playing away bit, you understand) Isla Fisher came over as a bit of a k***. 

52 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bit before my time but watched lots of re runs .  Some great stuff but some dreadful stuff. How did John Otway sell any records.

Cus he was really free.

Archived