Great TV from your Youth

Van der MoodHoover

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Monty said:

Do you recall ‘The Virginian’ that was ok 

Only just/Very Vaguely.

The title certainly, but I couldn't recall any plots and/or character names.  (They'd probably ring a bell if I was told, but I couldn't come up with them myself.)
I might be just a tad too young?  (b. Jan 63)

32 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Only just/Very Vaguely.

The title certainly, but I couldn't recall any plots and/or character names.  (They'd probably ring a bell if I was told, but I couldn't come up with them myself.)
I might be just a tad too young?  (b. Jan 63)

Think it was on in the early seventies - Shiloh Ranch foreman was the Virginian a guy in a black leather waistcoat (James Drury) with Trampas (Doug McClure) and Judge Garth (Lee J Cobb)

3 minutes ago, Monty said:

Think it was on in the early seventies - Shiloh Ranch foreman was the Virginian a guy in a black leather waistcoat (James Drury) with Trampas (Doug McClure) and Judge Garth (Lee J Cobb)

I remember it well. Was my mum's favourite. 

I am also trying to recall a really bad American scifi series, with a kid and a robot and a grumpy grandpa? 

8 hours ago, Monty said:

I vaguely remember Doug McClure, and can at least picture his face.  I presume that's from something else, a little later?  ?

7 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Lost in Space

7 hours ago, angieram said:

It was awful, wasn't it?

3 hours ago, ketteringram said:

It was. Didn't stop me watching it every week though ?. Same with Land of the giants.

I enjoyed both of those (Now I've been reminded of them).

Without wishing to appear rude, maybe I'm a tad younger, and was at a more suitable age not to notice how bad they were?
... Or I'm just more immature!  ?

10 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Anyone else remember the various random European kids programs with dreadful dubbing and melodic theme tunes. 

White Horses

Belle and Sebastian 

Desert Crusader. 

I remember being particularly attracted by Celestine, though at my age then I wasn’t really sure why.

Archived