New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I would love Rafa at Derby, I cannot see it. this is for a couple of reasons! I would have thought if he came back to England he would go to the Premier league and also his wage bill would kill FFP.

I can only see him coming if the new owners have said here is what you can spend and pot of gold they will give him is enormous. I some how don't think we will have a Man City or Chelsea type investment, but lets see, I thought Cocu's reign would work out better so Im hardly the best pundit on all things Derby  

11 minutes ago, RAMesses III said:

Who is giving their money to John Gregory!

image.thumb.png.44d22d0b2e384b496358f453ab261930.png

The only way I'd believe that John Gregory was about to become our manager was if we had an 'all is forgiven' announcement that the 3 amigos are having a 2nd bite at the cherry and this time they mean business.

No idea why anyone would even entertain having him involved in our club again?

Every day brings another surprise. Last night Benitez was starting to look like a reality even though it’s got to be a dream, surely? Now Gregory is in the mix. If he gets it I think I’ll take up knitting. 

I genuinely think not much has happened yet, if Rooney and co do well over the next 3 matches it’ll take some balls to not give him the job. Waiting to see if the Wayne experiment works is not the way I’d go, but if he’s a big character in the dressing room it may be the only option. 

1 minute ago, TomTom92 said:

Every day brings another surprise. Last night Benitez was starting to look like a reality even though it’s got to be a dream, surely? Now Gregory is in the mix. If he gets it I think I’ll take up knitting. 

I genuinely think not much has happened yet, if Rooney and co do well over the next 3 matches it’ll take some balls to not give him the job. Waiting to see if the Wayne experiment works is not the way I’d go, but if he’s a big character in the dressing room it may be the only option. 

I dont know how to request a bet, but if anyone does, pick a really obscure person, request the odds and stick a quid on.

See what odds you can get on Ashley from Corro becoming new manager.

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Nobody is in the mix. Betting odds don't mean anything!!! The only people who know work for the club or are representatives of whoever we have contacted.

31 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The only way I'd believe that John Gregory was about to become our manager was if we had an 'all is forgiven' announcement that the 3 amigos are having a 2nd bite at the cherry and this time they mean business.

No idea why anyone would even entertain having him involved in our club again?

Many years ago I had a fantasy football team named “Taxi For Gregory”................ the sentiment still applies!

22 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I dont know how to request a bet, but if anyone does, pick a really obscure person, request the odds and stick a quid on.

See what odds you can get on Ashley from Corro becoming new manager.

25/1 was the default £0 requestabet on Skybet it seemed the day before yesterday

5 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

Good news, Rafa is on talk sport tonight so could feasibly be in England. 

Good news, Guillem Balague says they’re discussing Derby amongst other things. 

Bad news, he followed the message with a big face palm. 

1AB504B1-3097-49B3-8E58-0AB494B81724.png

He is in the UK to visit family its in his blog 

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/blog/5-subs-no-thanks/138/

18 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

Expect him to say nothing in it and 5 live to ridicule us for even thinking it could happen. 

18 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

Not sure why we're followed by the facepalm.

Anyway, lets be honest whether he is in talks or not he is currently in a job so not sure what he is going to say other than he is contracted to a club

20 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

Facepalm probably laughing at us

Archived