New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Most unlikely but Rafa Benitez odds keep tumbling for what it’s worth....

So do Big Sam's who, although a bit of a dinosaur, would be a much safer choice on a two year deal for what we need right now

I know were are bottom but I think the appointment of the next manager has to be made almost ignoring that.  Get the right person who will get the most from our players and play in the right manner and the rest will take care of itself.

i wouldn’t appoint a manager to stave of relegation. If we we able to appoint some one of the calibrate of Benitez then get him in.      

Just now, RIMBAUD said:

I know were are bottom but I think the appointment of the next manager has to be made almost ignoring that.  Get the right person who will get the most from our players and play in the right manner and the rest will take care of itself.

i wouldn’t appoint a manager to stave of relegation. If we we able to appoint some one of the calibrate of Benitez then get him in.      

If we were to go for someone like Benitez it wouldnt surprise me if it was done at the end of the season. Big risk getting him now with limited ability to bring players in.

Its risky, but would be better to have someone keep us up until the end of the season and hope Rafa gets sacked by the Chinese club, or negotiate a cheaper settlement for the end of the season.

Still cant see us getting someone of the calibre of Rafa, but one can dream.

Might be naive and/or in denial, but I really can’t accept that we are in a relegation dogfight this season. We have got some good players compared with many a season, and it doesn’t need some Dinosaur to come in and roar at the players, and get us in a formation to grind out hard won one goal wins.  The guys need a bit of a lift, and a little more freedom to express themselves. They also need to be more direct at times getting the ball forward - mix it up a little. I like good passing football teams, but we just need a bit more energy getting the ball forward and keeping it in the oppositions half. (Obviously a decent centre forward would help the cause too, but let’s get Whittaker, Stretton and Duncan buzzing around the forward line).

13 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Eddie Howe the “likeliest name”, according to James Nursey... 

When you look at some of the other names floating about, I'd personally take Eddie Howe in a heartbeat. Bloke has an unbelievable work ethic and his attention to detail and standard of coaching looks amazing. His success with Bournemouth speaks for itself. Wasn't too long ago that he was being linked with jobs like Arsenal, Everton, Tottenham and England!

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Might be naive and/or in denial, but I really can’t accept that we are in a relegation dogfight this season. We have got some good players compared with many a season, and it doesn’t need some Dinosaur to come in and roar at the players, and get us in a formation to grind out hard won one goal wins.  The guys need a bit of a lift, and a little more freedom to express themselves. They also need to be more direct at times getting the ball forward - mix it up a little. I like good passing football teams, but we just need a bit more energy getting the ball forward and keeping it in the oppositions half. (Obviously a decent centre forward would help the cause too, but let’s get Whittaker, Stretton and Duncan buzzing around the forward line).

I agree that we don't necessarily need a 'get it gone' type manager however I also think you are naive or have a wishful thinking mentality if you think we are not in a relegation battle, the sooner you come to accept the reality of the situation the more easy it will be to take when it eventually hits home. I'm not saying we are doomed because we aren't but we are in a very serious position which needs to be appreciated, before we win a couple we can't think of anything but achieving 21st place. Football isn't played on paper until we win a couple and put teams like Wycombe and Coventry to bed we are in big trouble. 

19 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Eddie Howe the “likeliest name”, according to James Nursey... 

When he was manager of Bournemouth I was so jealous of them and would have taken him in a heartbeat.

But, so many people seem to think he was over rated, couldnt manage big egos and his time was up.

I always thought he talked a good game.

8 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I agree that we don't necessarily need a 'get it gone' type manager however I also think you are naive or have a wishful thinking mentality if you think we are not in a relegation battle, the sooner you come to accept the reality of the situation the more easy it will be to take when it eventually hits home. I'm not saying we are doomed because we aren't but we are in a very serious position which needs to be appreciated, before we win a couple we can't think of anything but achieving 21st place. Football isn't played on paper until we win a couple and put teams like Wycombe and Coventry to bed we are in big trouble. 

That bit in bold made me smile. I will probably wait to around game 41 rather than 11 before I feel anything like the dread you have (if you are right that it is a relegation battle to season end). When you have 50 years under your belt supporting this bloody frustrating football club, these still don’t seem like too bad times to me.

25 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

I don't know how much influence Mel will have on the appointment but didn't he reveal previously that he was a big fan of Eddie Howe (this may have come out of the 'Breakfast Club' meeting but was lost to the revelation about the lack of sausages)?

Link please

Howe was my #1 choice.

Feel we may regret not getting him whilst he's available and out of a job - similar to Utd and Potch.

He is only 3 years older than Terry with mountains more managerial experience than him.

Plays football well also. would have him here right away.

Ideally a sporting director too. That unrealstic Raif Raignick would be amazing now thst I read up on him but seems highly unrelalistic but that would be a dream combo.

Archived