New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Lamp Frankard said:

One guy on the phone-in mentioned Rangnik on the phone-in last night. Maybe he put a bet on.

A thread on twitter has been circulating recently explaining who he is and why he would be good.

As much as I would love him, think it would be unlikely unless new owners are horrendously wealthy. Better alternative to big Sam, Benitez if we got the money. 

Betting odds is just a matter of getting names circulating or rumours going, once a name takes hold. Eg Rafa due to Newcastle/Sheikh links or Big Sam and his dodgy dealings with the Sheikhs then a snowball can start to happen.

Steve Cooper is the name I've most warmed to that is being touted around. Plays a good style of football, has good connections for a loan. Don't know why he'd leave Swansea to come to us mind, but if it's available I think it would be a pretty shrewd move. 

Surprised no one's suggested Michael Flynn from Newport... I've always thought the 'mark' of a good manager is the ability to turn teams around. When Flynn took over, they were bottom of L2. He led them to survival, then turned them into playoff finalists within 2 years... and has kept them challenging every season on a very little budget compared to other teams in the league. Pretty impressive.

15 minutes ago, Topram said:

They really don’t have a clue, if you look on oddschecker some are 12/1 on betvictor yet 6/1 on paddy power, the only ones the same are Rooney and JT

Bookmakers are rubbish you can't get a bet on with them ,  put £10 on a potential manager and they shorten it up.

Mugs game betting on potential managers. 

Archived