New Manager

dantheram

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Wow. To be honest, I think this is the most unrealistic suggestion yet! He's at Monchengladbach who are currently top of their Champions League group with both REAL MADRID and INTER MILAN. 

Yeah Wow. And Wow is what we need. Yes I agree it's unrealistic but he's the type of manager we require and the tongue in cheek not impossible line and the playing of the specific song were clearly a bit too Wow for you. So if we can't have Marco Rose, then someone from Germany with similar qualities to this bloke that would like our challenge would be my choice, if not Jeff Tweedy will get us rocking!

or David Wagner might.

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

What am I reading from you today?

They didn't score a goal in the playoffs, and fluked through two penalty shoot outs. I don't wanna hear that David Wagner is a good manager. He did a shocking job at Schalke, the worst I've ever seen them. Edit: Correction, they did score one goal in the playoffs.

16 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I think more realistic than Marco Rose is another from the Red Bull stable, Jesse Marsch. An American, ex-New York Red Bulls head coach, RB Leipzig assistant and replaced Marco Rose to be current RB Salzburg manager.

Risk going with someone outside the championship, especially from abroad, but if they play high intensity football could work and could be entertaining.

Me personally, unless the owners pull in a big name, i think Mac 3 to the end of the season could be a shout. He could get a tune out of this squad, his playing style is not that dissimilar to Cocu, but better adapted to the requirements of the championship, and he’s proven he can get us out of this situation, given he took over from Pearson in similar circumstances.

Pelligrino Matarrazzo at Vfb Stuttgart reads up well and would also be more realistic as would so many other coaches, managers but unfortunately after Phillip Cocu I think our club will revert backwards with one of the usual suspects, that may have an instant reaction with the players before our players revert back to what they can get away with in the unforgiving world of football.

Just now, Inverurie Ram said:

Fluking a promotion still beats whatever Mac and all the rest achieved.

His highest career win rate as manager is 34.8% at Dortmund 2. He managed to take one of Germany's biggest clubs Schalke to 12th with a 30% win rate. Mac 1 had 53.7% win rate, and Mac 2 had 44.8% win rate. Mac is levels ahead.

15 minutes ago, Andicis said:

His highest career win rate as manager is 34.8% at Dortmund 2. He managed to take one of Germany's biggest clubs Schalke to 12th with a 30% win rate. Mac 1 had 53.7% win rate, and Mac 2 had 44.8% win rate. Mac is levels ahead.

He also hasn't finished a season with a positive goal difference since 11/12 lol

From what I watched of Wagner he sets his team up to not lose. He's a slightly more accomplished version of Nigel Clough. He's the type of manager that at 0-0 would bring on an extra defender rather than going for the win, something that used to frustrate the hell out of me when Clough was our manager.

Just now, Shang said:

From what I watched of Wagner he sets his team up to not lose. He's a slightly more accomplished version of Nigel Clough. He's the type of manager that at 0-0 would bring on an extra defender rather than going for the win, something that used to frustrate the hell out of me when Clough was our manager.

If people rightly didn't think we scored enough goals under Cocu, Wagner would amplify the problem even further.

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Statistics, percentages and whatever analysis people choose to use to try and dictate their opinions on characters, don't win anyone promotion especially not Mac 1, Mac 2 or any other versions. Mac had his success with Jim Smith with us and that's where it ended. Comparing two different types of people is pointless, we are all different and if we end up with Mac 3 that will only show me the football clubs lack of ambition.

Crikey some of us are lording up a bloke that was outwitted by old man Harry at Wembley, that likes to stick the soap up his bum whilst we all watch, before handing it over to the ladies!

Archived