v Coventry (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

If the likes of Knight and Buchanan are not safe from being dropped, why would Marshall be any different?

I am not saying Roos is the answer but he might be due a chance if our slump continues. 

If Roos had made the mistakes Marshall made for the goals versus Barnsley and Wycombe, he would have been hammered.

Because it's the goalkeeper position and our only other option is Roos.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Marshall punches too, but no one comments on it. I'm struggling to remember him collecting many crosses too.

What about keep the ball out of the net? Based on that stat you'd pick Roos

Roos: 3 games, 1 clean sheet, 3 goals conceded (1 pen conceded, 3 pens saved in shootout)
Marshall: 13 games, 1 clean sheet, 20 goals conceded (1 pen saved)

To be honest, I'd stick with Marshall for now

Yeah but Roos' clean sheet was against Barrow. I'm fairly sure Marshall would've got that if he'd played. As for saving pens in a shootout, did you see Scotland in the Nations League? Also, is everyone forgetting the amazing saves Marshall has made this season so far? probably earned us the majority of our 7 points.

11 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

If the likes of Knight and Buchanan are not safe from being dropped, why would Marshall be any different?

I am not saying Roos is the answer but he might be due a chance if our slump continues. 

If Roos had made the mistakes Marshall made for the goals versus Barnsley and Wycombe, he would have been hammered.

You know you’re talking logic and sense on here when the laughing emoji comes out as a defence of opinion.....

55 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Just because we created chances against the poorest team we've played this season  doesn't mean that line up we named wasn't defensive. We named a clear "defence first" back 4 and put two of the most defensive, defensive midfielders we had in front of it. Practically 6 outfield players who's chief job was stop us conceding, if that's not defensive then I don't know what is.

We lost control because we had nobody in midfield who could actually control the game and because Akinfenwa had the beating of Davies combined with deep backline. As much as we could have been 2-0/3-0, we could have easily lost what with Akinfenwa spurring a golden chance and McCleary hitting the underside of the cross bar.

I don't think it was a performance that answered any questions aside from that CKR is a decent option.

We could and should have won. It was poorly taken chances by us that meant Wycombe stayed in the game. They could easily have won at the end but the point is our failure to kill teams off makes the end part of the match difficult. 
Are they the poorest team we have played this season? Possibly but they put in some dangerous balls into the box and we have failed to create many chances in previous matches so I saw the first half at least as a much better account from us. 

9 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

We could and should have won. It was poorly taken chances by us that meant Wycombe stayed in the game. They could easily have won at the end but the point is our failure to kill teams off makes the end part of the match difficult. 
Are they the poorest team we have played this season? Possibly but they put in some dangerous balls into the box and we have failed to create many chances in previous matches so I saw the first half at least as a much better account from us. 

Should of doesn’t get you points...the better teams take their chances...

21 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The goalkeeper is literally the only position we don't have a problem in.

the difference is Marshall makes more goal stopping saves than he does errors, Roos makes more errors than he does goal stopping saves.

11 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Yeah but Roos' clean sheet was against Barrow. I'm fairly sure Marshall would've got that if he'd played. As for saving pens in a shootout, did you see Scotland in the Nations League? Also, is everyone forgetting the amazing saves Marshall has made this season so far? probably earned us the majority of our 7 points.

I think against Norwich and Bournemouth, he was crucial to those results.

But that’s two games out of 14 where he has made a telling difference.

I would say that he has been one of our better performers this season and on the whole I’d say he’s a much better keeper than Roos.

However I also believe you have to merit your place in the team and when we’ve won 1 in 14 and kept 1 clean sheet, no one is untouchable.

3 hours ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Love how many people on here were writing off CKR and now everyone has him up top in their line up after the last game ?

I took one look at his scoring record and thought he'd be a really pointless signing, I got it completely wrong. He was the best player on the pitch against Wycombe. Great hold up play, great awareness, great vision. Unlucky not to score as well, let's hope he does tonight. 

38 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

We had 11 shots all game - 5 fell to defenders in the box from corners
We had 5 shots on target all game - 3 fell to defenders in the box from corners

Our corners were better, but from open play we aren't any better at getting shots on target than when Cocu was here.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No. He tried to cover the angle and you would have expected Wis to do more. Edit: are you dropping Shinnie for not cutting out the cross?

Wisdom and Marshall both looked at fault to me.

I am not saying Marshall should be dropped immediately. But I don’t think his position is as secure as others suggest.

I wouldn’t drop Shinnie for not cutting out the cross, no.

But if I was in charge, Bird and Bielik would be ahead of him if we are looking for a more positive midfield.

5 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Really? I'm on about top quality saves. Not saves you'd expect a keeper to make. 

Marshall has the second lowest save % in the league, last year he was 20th. Roos for comparison was 9th.

A few months ago I'm sure I dug up an XG chart showing Roos was in the top 4 or 5. I'll see if I can find it again.

21 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think against Norwich and Bournemouth, he was crucial to those results.

But that’s two games out of 14 where he has made a telling difference.

I would say that he has been one of our better performers this season and on the whole I’d say he’s a much better keeper than Roos.

However I also believe you have to merit your place in the team and when we’ve won 1 in 14 and kept 1 clean sheet, no one is untouchable.

What about the save v Wycombe as well. Honestly don't understand why you would want to drop Marshall. Of all the players you could pick that haven't been performing, why Marshall?  Obviously he isn't likely to keep clean sheets with the defenders in front him.

Archived