v Coventry (H) - Match Thread

Bubbles

8 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Not ideal but I'd be making plenty of changes for this one. Shinnie and Evans doesnt work in midfield, Davies isnt providing us enough defensive security to compensate for his distribution & Lawrence needs a spell on the sidelines.

Kazim has to start as CF, Jozwiak and Waghorn either side of him with a youthful, energetic midfield capable of getting quality into the front 3, breaking into the box & dominating possession. Byrne & Buchanan back as full backs...with something to aim at for a change, their forays won't be in vain.

Bit harsh on Forsyth & Holmes who played well yesterday but believe Buchanan & Waghorn (at RW) offer us more going forward. Scoring more than one goal has to be priority for Tuesday.

20201122_080858.jpg.adf9f92f9ba3175df8b65d289b3235fe.jpg

whittaker over waggy n i agree.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshall

byrnne             Wisdom                           Davies           Buchanan    

Shinnie 

Knight                                   Sibley      

Whittaker        ?????CKR?????      Jozwiak 

MARSHALL

BYRNE     DAVIES     CLARKE     BUCHANAN

BIELIK        SHINNIE

KNIGHT     HOLMES     JOSWIAK    

KAZIM

Roos, Wisdom, Bird, Evans, Sibley, Ibe, Lawrence, Whittaker, Hector-Ingram

2 hours ago, 24Charlie said:

Coventry City, a cautionary tale if ever there was about what can happen if a club doesn’t own it’s ground.

City’s ground is jointly owned by the city council and Higgs charity.

Susi, City’s hedge fund owners tried to force the council to sell the ground to them cheap by refusing to pay rent. Believing that the ground’s owners would be forced to sell as the arena has little use other than a sports stadium. Unfortunately for Sisu. Wasps were looking for a home and the stadium was leased to them for 250 years. 
Rather than pay rent to Wasps to ground share, an option still on the table, Sisu have chosen to ground share at St Andrews.

Mardy barstewards.

I worked on the Ricoh Stadium.  There is an Emergency light I put up above the exit to the concourse from the seating area.  It’s very much not level and has DCFC written in the top.

Childish I know, but I smile every time we are there.

Marshall 

Wisdom Davies Clarke Buchanan     
                     Bielik 

Knight.         Sibley 

Lawrence    Richards  Jozwiak  

I think Bielik and Jozwiak would benefit from being picked together.

Fozzy played well against Wycombe. Coventry are quicker.

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Marshall 

Wisdom Davies Clarke Buchanan     
                     Bielik 

Knight.         Sibley 

Lawrence    Richards  Jozwiak  

I think Bielik and Jozwiak would benefit from being picked together.

Fozzy played well against Wycombe. Coventry are quicker.

Same other than I have Wisdom centre back instead of Davies and Byrne right back.....

What I'd like to see:

Marshall
Byrne, Davies, Clarke, Buchanan
Bielik
Whittaker, Knight, Shinnie, Jozwiak
Kazim

Get the ball to CKR then let the rest follow it up.

As I've said before I won't be watching or listening to this one... had my hopes dashed far too much by my beloved Rams recently... but here's hoping for a much improved performance for the ones that will be. COYR! Play with passion! Play with pride! ?

52 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

I worked on the Ricoh Stadium.  There is an Emergency light I put up above the exit to the concourse from the seating area.  It’s very much not level and has DCFC written in the top.

Childish I know, but I smile every time we are there.

I glanced at your post and saw the words, ricoh, lights...I had visions you had tampered with floodlights to illuminate the night sky with DCFC so a little disappointed with the final outcome. 

Perhaps one to bare in mind should you ever have to do any work at the city ground. 

?

5 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

I glanced at your post and saw the words, ricoh, lights...I had visions you had tampered with floodlights to illuminate the night sky with DCFC so a little disappointed with the final outcome. 

Perhaps one to bare in mind should you ever have to do any work at the city ground. 

?

? if only!

22 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

?

I was part of the reason it didn’t get finished in time for  the start of the season tho ?

Marshall -picks himself but needs to get back to early season form. 

Wisdom - Byrne unfortunate but Wiz is more of a presence in the air. 

Clarke - good display Saturday

Davies - Good in the air and I felt he kept the defence well organised 

Fozzy - if he’s fit enough he looked really good and adds airial threat to the team. 

Beliek - hoping he’s fit and can replace Evans, could be a big player for us this season. 

Shinnie - wish he was better on the ball but he breaks up play well. 

Sibley - point to prove, not great Saturday but he has a performance in him. 

Lawrence - gets too much hate on this forum. Never stops running for the team and always tracking back, I feel this actually hinders him sometimes as he’s can loose composure. 

CKR loved his style of play like a more mobile and strong martin, although he’s not as comfortable in front of goal. 

Holmes - now I normally think Holmes is a waste of a shirt, he played well on Saturday and I’d pick him on that form, Joz will win his place back but you can’t drop Holmes after his efforts on Saturday. 

Felt positive in the game on Saturday, we needed that second goal but their keeper was inspired. Their goal wouldn’t have come if we’d have put one of those chances away, hopefully it doesn’t affect the team too much as that was a step in the right direction. 

No doubt about it in this game, we need to finish our chances and finish them off early doors.

Lose this one and we are NINE points adrift of 20th place with Florist FIVE ahead plus anything they get from their next game. Potential season decider, maybe. If you think that we cannot be relegated, think again. Win the game then only ThREE points off date.

image.png.31d5b1d0c9fb81ad267ccf11c486de81.png

Subs: Roos, Wisdom, Buchanan, Bielik, Knight, Sibley, Waghorn, Hector-Ingram, Whittaker

Not convinced by the formation but think that's what will be used. 

We really have to go for this one, need a win desperately. 

Need the full backs to push up and make overlaps

Forsyth over Buchanan as he seems to have better delivery

Went for Davies for his organisation and communicating but Wisdom maybe better if we going to have a lot of the ball

Bird should help us keep control in midfield

Play Lawrence in his best position in the middle

Tough decision to leave out Sibley and Knight but they can still have an impact off the bench

Jozwiak and Holmes need to run with ball and take players on

Get bodies in and around the box when attacking, don't be afraid to shoot.

Lets go into this one with the mindset of 'try and outscore the opponent' as we seem to concede every game anyway.

On 29/11/2020 at 18:02, Rampant said:

MARSHALL

BYRNE     DAVIES     CLARKE     BUCHANAN

BIELIK        SHINNIE

KNIGHT     HOLMES     JOSWIAK    

KAZIM

Roos, Wisdom, Bird, Evans, Sibley, Ibe, Lawrence, Whittaker, Hector-Ingram

Agree this is the side I’d select only change would be 4-1-4-1 formation with Bielik in front of the back four then Holmes/Shinnie/Knight/Jozwiak 

19 hours ago, Rampage said:

Lose this one and we are NINE points adrift of 20th place with Florist FIVE ahead plus anything they get from their next game. Potential season decider, maybe. If you think that we cannot be relegated, think again. Win the game then only ThREE points off date.

derby_league1.png.ca8e8bd339423dec28acda73b84cefb1.png

On 29/11/2020 at 17:23, Ramos said:

Marshall

byrnne             Wisdom                           Davies           Buchanan    

Shinnie 

Knight                                   Sibley      

Whittaker        ?????CKR?????      Jozwiak 

Ramos   I have to ask...   You are the only one in this thread not to name Clarke in the starting back line. It seems really weird to me having admired him all season, in attacking set pieces as well as in defence. What's the thinking?

12 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Ramos   I have to ask...   You are the only one in this thread not to name Clarke in the starting back line. It seems really weird to me having admired him all season, in attacking set pieces as well as in defence. What's the thinking?

Needs to sort his hair out 

Archived