Marshall The Hero

Yani P

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Carson maybe, the other two when here not a chance 

Grant is under rated during his 2nd spell. It was only really the last couple of months of the 14/15 season where he played with an injury where he struggled. Other than that he was fantastic. 

18 minutes ago, rynny said:

Grant is under rated during his 2nd spell. It was only really the last couple of months of the 14/15 season where he played with an injury where he struggled. Other than that he was fantastic. 

The manager should never have played him with that injury. Awful decision.

2 minutes ago, JustOneChrissyMartin said:

I don’t remember Butland being particularly impressive with us, Grant was good but had some absolute clangers, as for Daddy’s boy

All were better for me.

Butland was a good lad to come in, young and talented

Grant was better 2nd time round

Camp was a great young keeper here, find it funny people hate him, it’s all panto.

All keepers drop clangers, Marshall has twice already this season....

47 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Carson, Grant, Camp, Butland (loan) 

Butland was not brilliant, plenty of promise and potential, but in his short time here he was still a rookie.

Carson had one year when he was great. Camp was good as a youngster but didn't improve with age.

Grant was good.

Marshall will have a great few seasons as our no 1.

5 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Butland was not brilliant, plenty of promise and potential, but in his short time here he was still a rookie.

Carson had one year when he was great. Camp was good as a youngster but didn't improve with age.

Grant was good.

Marshall will have a great few seasons as our no 1.

I don’t think he lasts beyond two seasons.

Carson was the base of the spine we had under Rowett for me, then gets dropped by Lamps by early 2019 - I’d say that then coincided with our poor away form from then on

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I don’t think he lasts beyond two seasons.

Carson was the base of the spine we had under Rowett for me, then gets dropped by Lamps by early 2019 - I’d say that then coincided with our poor away form from then on

Marshall is approaching his peak, I think he'll be one of those that matures like a fine wine....

Carson was a strange one, not sure why Lamps dropped him, you make a fair point, we were never comfortable or confident at the back after.

Well I remember nigel sold Lee grant I think total mistake keep should have gone at the time was Lee camp.

I think Marshall is a class keeper apart from little mistake he made against Barnsley cost us the goal but there was easy opapion to Davies.

But I am delighted for going euros with scotland.

He desevse it by a long way off I am hoping this can rub off on our lads.

Marshall is genuinely the reason we have any points at all on the board at all this season. It’s great to see him have this moment that I’m sure he will never forget.

Best keeper since Poom has to be Carson, though, he was unreal for an entire season. He was worth a lot of points that season with match winning performance after match winning performance. Butland was below average here, it’s revisionist to say otherwise I remember the collective sigh of relief when Grant returned. 

Bywater in our promotion season was very good, as was a few players that simply fell of a cliff. Dean Leacock was exceptional that season and he struggled to cut it as a professional footballer after that season. 

7 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

All were better for me.

Butland was a good lad to come in, young and talented

Grant was better 2nd time round

Camp was a great young keeper here, find it funny people hate him, it’s all panto.

All keepers drop clangers, Marshall has twice already this season....

How can you say Butland was better when he played about 5 games?

I remember when Carson got injured in 15/16 and every time a cross went near Grant it was terrifying.

Archived