Derby county financial reports ffp

Oldben

https://thisisfutbol.com/2020/11/blogs/championship/kieran-maguire-takeover-Derby-county/

I think before you spend 60 million on a club you would have your own audit done on the club, that doesn't mean you would immediately tell the football league the result of that audit.

However you might tell the football league, but they could only accept the official audit submitted by Derby.

Under ffp rules Derby even with new owners would be prevented from doing anything that resulted in breaking ffp rules.

To buy you would first need to sell so removing Rooney and other players from the club to free up funds for purchasing new players a priority.

Removing cocu when the take over done a priority, Mel will not spend 4 million of his own money sacking Cocu.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://thisisfutbol.com/2020/11/blogs/championship/kieran-maguire-takeover-Derby-county/

I think before you spend 60 million on a club you would have your own audit done on the club, that doesn't mean you would immediately tell the football league the result of that audit.

However you might tell the football league, but they could only accept the official audit submitted by Derby.

Under ffp rules Derby even with new owners would be prevented from doing anything that resulted in breaking ffp rules.

To buy you would first need to sell so removing Rooney and other players from the club to free up funds for purchasing new players a priority.

Removing cocu when the take over done a priority, Mel will not spend 4 million of his own money sacking Cocu.

But Rooney has most if not of his costs covered?

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

The new buyers price has dropped by £4m already, Mel pays  one way or another

32 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well reading that article is 2 minutes of my life that I will never get back.

How on earth does this guy make a living out of this?

I'll give you a tip, if the title of a article contains the words 'Kieran' and 'Maguire', rest assured it will contain a heady mix of guess work, supposition and fabricated rubbish and it's not worth that two minutes of your life! He doesn't make a living from it, that's for certain.

33 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

I'll give you a tip, if the title of a article contains the words 'Kieran' and 'Maguire', rest assured it will contain a heady mix of guess work, supposition and fabricated rubbish and it's not worth that two minutes of your life! He doesn't make a living from it, that's for certain.

Easier tip - If the link is from the Daily Mail, no matter the subject and no matter the author, do yourself a favour and just keep scrolling past it. 

7 hours ago, Oldben said:

5 hours ago, Spanish said:

The new buyers price has dropped by £4m already, Mel pays  one way or another

I was wondering that. How fluid is the price of a football club? Does it fluctuate with weekly results, or even a month of results?

Part of me thinks it will fluctuate, and other part thinks that the big-picture value is more stable.

KM dislikes Derby. Its really clear from the way he speaks on his podcast and he really isn't as clued up as he makes it sound like on his podcast. He explained the decisions incorrectly about the stadium. 

The accounts probably haven't been submitted yet because of the outstanding appeal by the efl on the amortisation policy. 

Anyone with any basic understanding of p&s rules would understand that Derby still won't be able to spend big with a new owner as the accounts sit with the club rather than the ownership structure. 

1 minute ago, Rab a dab doo said:

Do we think their still haggling over price?

It's been awhile since this story came out.

You would have thought it would have been one of the first things agreed at the outset.

Have you ever bought a house?

This is far more complex so is bound to take time to complete, it's a multi-million pound transaction involving multiple different companies & entities, it's not like dropping off a bag of cash and receiving the keys to a 2nd hand Ford Capri.

14 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

I was wondering that. How fluid is the price of a football club? Does it fluctuate with weekly results, or even a month of results?

Part of me thinks it will fluctuate, and other part thinks that the big-picture value is more stable.

KT depends when contracts are drawn up.  this is a negotiation a bit like buying a house.  The current knows he has to pay for repairs before he can and obviously the buyer will ty everything to ensure that he pays less because of it

14 hours ago, Rambalin said:

You are assuming that the potential new owners are bothered by the P&S  rules. 

Why would they not be? If they are a poo owner they won't be pumping the millions in required to breach FFP and if they are a good owner they can't breach FFP either without some creative methods to get round it. The EFL can remove you from the promotion places if they want to.

13 hours ago, Oldben said:

The new owners will probably have their eyes on the prize.

Change of manager, team change, promotion and premiership is where the money is

They still won't be able to spend any money - certainly not enough to replace an entire team.

Archived