Abu Derby County

tinman

Having looked into it a bit more, something doesn’t quite feel right here. There seems to be very little Information on his net worth whatsoever, only that of his family, which he doesn’t seem very high up in. There’s no real evidence that he has any sort of significant funds himself to invest. His company website hasn’t been updated in what looks like a decade, and looks like it was designed by a 10 year old. Nothing there to suggest serious income. I hope I’m wrong, but this absolutely screams Fawaz mk2 to me.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Millenniumram said:

Having looked into it a bit more, something doesn’t quite feel right here. There seems to be very little Information on his net worth whatsoever, only that of his family, which he doesn’t seem very high up in. There’s no real evidence that he has any sort of significant funds. His company website hasn’t been updated in what looks like a decade, and looks like it was designed by a 10 year old. Nothing there to suggest serious income. I hope I’m wrong, but this absolutely screams Fawaz mk2 to me.

I can see us doing a Wigan unfortunately 

Much rather the Exeter model of fan/Trust ownership to be honest.. More sustainable long term

10 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

So, the nitty gritty:

1. How much are we being sold for?

2. Will Mel still own the stadium?

3. When will we see the corner flag?

4. Will the pink kit be retained?

5. Will women still be allowed in the ground?

6. Will capital punishment be given to any player that misses a penalty?

7. Don’t post on here after a drink.

So whilst I dont know too much about what cracks off in the UAE I have seen plenty of people and facts put on here to say its not as bad as other countries in the middle east

But for the people that are so against this, why are you judging this guy purely based on the laws of the country he was born in? From what I have read he hasnt chose the laws, he doesnt enforce the laws and he has no say in what the laws are? How does anyone even know what his opinions are on the laws that are outdated? So why is he being judged because of his nationality?

I kind of get the stance of a rich owners play toy and not wanting to be a man city type but if you're a Derby supporter you support us whether we win, lose or draw and whoever the owner, manager and players are surely? The whole plastic fans I dont buy into either, we got some of them under stevie mc towards the end of the playoff season, they soon vanished and if you stick by the club and still go to games there wont be many seats left for plastic fans anyway.

To be successful in football, most of the time you have to spend big money. Thats not something new, it goes back to the Clough days and probably beyond. Does it mean our titles dont matter? You think Blackburn fans say they wish they hadnt won the Prem because they spent big. Those Man City fans running on the pitch after Aguero's stoppage time winner really did look fed up & plastic didnt they?

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Having looked into it a bit more, something doesn’t quite feel right here. There seems to be very little Information on his net worth whatsoever, only that of his family, which he doesn’t seem very high up in. There’s no real evidence that he has any sort of significant funds himself to invest. His company website hasn’t been updated in what looks like a decade, and looks like it was designed by a 10 year old. Nothing there to suggest serious income. I hope I’m wrong, but this absolutely screams Fawaz mk2 to me.

Yeah, I've had fun imagining us up there, but I think it sounds a bit Fawaz too.

1 minute ago, bimmerman said:

Much rather the Exeter model of fan/Trust ownership to be honest.. More sustainable long term

Don’t know if it’ll be quite like that, I mean Mel is staying on, hopefully we won’t get to that stage. I just don’t think he will have the money others seems to think he does, and I originally thought he might.

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Man City really are a fantastic blueprint to how new owners (even with lots of money) should run things.......

When you look at their women's football team - how many years has that been running and they've been instrumental in the growth of the league. 

??

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

Yes this guy may be a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family but where on the family pecking order does he sit? The head of the family may spread some of the wealth to every family member and to us mere mortals, that sum will appear huge. So while the money available to our potential buyer may look vast, has he actually got the financial capital behind him, that will let him spend tens of millions of pounds on a football club

Wouldnt have thought he would buy into the club to make himself look like a loser. Probably attract money from people wanting to be associated with him. Would imagine he has wealthy connections and be able to invest a few hundred million without affecting his personal wealth.All speculation of course but it appears Mel is pulling in the purse strings as much as possible and doesn't wish to persist with his previous spending.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That was what transpired at Newcastle, couldn't prove he had the funds is what I've read today.

I'd have instantly discarded this as nonsense except John Percy has confirmed it which throws a spanner in the works

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Don’t know if it’ll be quite like that, I mean Mel is staying on, hopefully we won’t get to that stage. I just don’t think he will have the money others seems to think he does, and I originally thought he might.

If he's as rich as a lot of people think, why would he buy a team 4th bottom in the English 2nd tier. Doesn't add up to me...maybe I'm just sceptical, I mean to be fair the Leicester owners have been awesome

4 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

If he's as rich as a lot of people think, why would he buy a team 4th bottom in the English 2nd tier. Doesn't add up to me...maybe I'm just sceptical, I mean to be fair the Leicester owners have been awesome

Founder member..they love all the history..

3 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Maybe thats exactly why he is buying us. With our league postion and the whole covid situation our price is probably at its lowest so in a football club owners world we would be a bargain? We have many positives to counteract the negatives too.

Going straight for a Prem team would cost alot more to buy, alot more to maintain and alot more to improve.

11 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

You mean you want us to be ran by a group of beered up real ale lovers from a pub by the river gardens. A 50 million war chest from a new investor might be better.  I'll sleep on it.

Archived