6 hours and 10 minutes

Will Hughes Hair

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These games go one of two ways:

The out of form team turns up, causing an upset, giving them bragging rights for the week, but ultimately they’re still usually poo over the course of the season. 

the out of form team gets pasted and the manager gets sacked. 

this game has been the widow maker for many a forest and Derby manager. 

forest were smart to get their sacking done early. 

23 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

These games go one of two ways:

The out of form team turns up, causing an upset, giving them bragging rights for the week, but ultimately they’re still usually poo over the course of the season. 

the out of form team gets pasted and the manager gets sacked. 

this game has been the widow maker for many a forest and Derby manager. 

forest were smart to get their sacking done early. 

Nah I don’t agree

Im foreseeing a win tonight and a good performance

Performances have been pretty good in the last two despite losing and I think this will continue, our luck will turn and we’ll begin to win some of these tight games 

1 minute ago, Jram said:

Nah I don’t agree

Im foreseeing a win tonight and a good performance

Performances have been pretty good in the last two despite losing and I think this will continue, our luck will turn and we’ll begin to win some of these tight games 

I'm expecting a crap game and a crap performance (by both teams). I think it could easily go either way but I think we'll get the win, and think ourselves lucky. Phil gets a stay of execution but the conversation does not go away.

4 hours ago, GboroRam said:

I'm expecting a crap game and a crap performance (by both teams). I think it could easily go either way but I think we'll get the win, and think ourselves lucky. Phil gets a stay of execution but the conversation does not go away.

Right now i would take that

15 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

The precise time Derby had not scored a goal for leading into our match on the 23 March 2014.  And then one Craig Bryson strode behemoth like into the Forest area and got lucky smashing the ball in off a massive deflection.

You know the rest.

Keep the faith.

Come on you Rams!

What a ducking great and inspirational post 

just sitting at work thinking we’ve got no chance tonight 

then I read that 

now I’m ducking pumping and right up for it 

come on u mother ducking rams ? !!!!

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah but we had a manager who would attack back then. We will probably line up 5-4-1 tonight, and either grind out a bore 0-0 draw, or get beat 1-0 again. Wish I could have some optimism but I’m really struggling. Maybe the team sheet will pick me up if Cocu lets the attackers loose.

So was it more concerning that we went 6 hours then without a goal under an attacking philosophy with McClaren, or that we're struggling for results with a more defensive manager with lots of injuries? 

Isn't the point of this post to show that even exciting, attacking teams have barren spells and it only takes one game to turn it around?

7 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Apart from your expectation of the win I agree

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

So was it more concerning that we went 6 hours then without a goal under an attacking philosophy with McClaren, or that we're struggling for results with a more defensive manager with lots of injuries? 

Isn't the point of this post to show that even exciting, attacking teams have barren spells and it only takes one game to turn it around?

No it wasn’t, because you could still see hope that we would turn it around. The evidence was there based on previous games under the manager, where we scored for fun. We’ve always struggled for goals under Cocu, save for a good spell when Rooney first joined. That suggests to me that this is the norm, rather than a bad spell, and gives me little hope that we will turn things around.

That was the point of the post yes, and it’s correct. The problem is, we aren’t an exciting attacking team, and never have been under the current management.

The balance of probabilities suggests that we will probably lose tonight. I can't get excited about it. Not sure I'll even watch it (I'm sure I will in the end). I will be fed up for a bit after the match. I will avoid this place and Twitter like the plague.  Then I'll realise its only a game. 

45 minutes ago, LazloW said:

The balance of probabilities suggests that we will probably lose tonight. I can't get excited about it. Not sure I'll even watch it (I'm sure I will in the end). I will be fed up for a bit after the match. I will avoid this place and Twitter like the plague.  Then I'll realise its only a game. 

What will you do if we lose?

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

No it wasn’t, because you could still see hope that we would turn it around. The evidence was there based on previous games under the manager, where we scored for fun. We’ve always struggled for goals under Cocu, save for a good spell when Rooney first joined. That suggests to me that this is the norm, rather than a bad spell, and gives me little hope that we will turn things around.

That was the point of the post yes, and it’s correct. The problem is, we aren’t an exciting attacking team, and never have been under the current management.

It's been a different XI every 3 months under Cocu, with all the turbulence at the club, it seems there's been very little consistency to build any sort of form around. Starting to become a different story now everyone is fit though, that excuse is wearing thin so very much make or break time now.

In my opinion, the performances have been improving and our last 2 losses were better performances than the win v Norwich. We need a win tonight but more importantly we need a win with a performance, not another smash and grab. There's lot of talent in the squad and I think the confidence from a win tonight may well be enough to trigger a run of good form and better results, but then again I am the eternal optimistic. Fingers crossed eh.

I've just got a feeling in my bones and that was before Ibe scored for the u23's and Bielik got 65 minutes under his belt.  It's a coffee cup sort of day. A day to draw a line under all the crap that's been thrown our way and say 'We are Derby and whoever you are really isn't that important'.

Relentless, Awesome, Menacing, Selfless.

Let's start this revolution by reminding the world what it means to be a Ram.

13 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I've just got a feeling in my bones and that was before Ibe scored for the u23's and Bielik got 65 minutes under his belt.  It's a coffee cup sort of day. A day to draw a line under all the crap that's been thrown our way and say 'We are Derby and whoever you are really isn't that important'.

Relentless, Awesome, Menacing, Selfless.

Let's start this revolution by reminding the world what it means to be a Ram.

WE ARE Derby! and that what makes us might through the poo and good we are always together! Passion togetherness and love, everyone seems to hate us but that's what makes this club. Days like today is when we all come together and even if you want cocu out we have to have faith! 

Archived