Positivity?

RoyMac5

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

After Watford scored we attempted to go at them. We picked up the pace. Why don't we set up to do that?

Cos we have zero confidence and we seem to be hell bent on an attritional philosophy. Not sure if the latter stems from the manager because of the former but one of the two need to change very rapidly.

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Cos we have zero confidence and we seem to be hell bent on an attritional philosophy. Not sure if the latter stems from the manager because of the former but one of the two need to change very rapidly.

Dwayne Holmes summed us up. Some nice ideas, even some nice touches but ultimately has very little idea what to do.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

It manifests itself on the pitch - I knew as soon as we went a goal behind that's game over. 

But we picked up the pace and attacking intent when we went behind. So that's the exact opposite of what you said!

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

After Watford scored we attempted to go at them. We picked up the pace. Why don't we set up to do that?

Because our manager won’t, he has conception of attacking football. It’s all about possession and nicking the odd goal. It’ll never work in the Championship 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But I don't think the players have zero confidence.

Not zero confidence, but we certainly don’t look a team brimming with confidence either, especially in the final third. 

Lawrence gave me some hope, if we can get him, Jozwiak and Ibe on the pitch together we’d give teams a lot more to worry about.

I think we are waiting for some attackers to get themselves fit. Once Lawrence is able to play 90, along with Jozwiak, and Waggy returns we will have a more competent attacking 3. Rooney can play deeper and keep us on the front foot. Throw in Ibe returning to some sort of decent player and we have options. Knight really impresses me every time he plays, think he will take another step this year.

Once we get the attacking players back, we will be able to play a more expansive style. Until then, Cocu has decided to focus on solidity at the back. At least we aren't getting tonked 0-3 every game

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think having Lawrence on the pitch helped a fair bit with the intensity of our attacking play. Hopefully when Lawrence, Jozwiak and Ibe are in the starting 11 we really have a go at teams from the get go, I'll start getting a little concerned if we have those lot playing and still don't pick up the pace.

We needed to find a way to stop conceding and we have done that. 

but we’ve overdone it a bit.

lawrence, jozwiak, ibe, Waghorn, rooney, Richards, Whittaker, Hector-Ingram .....I’m not sure that even when they are all fit we will possess very much threat

We probably didn’t set up to attack because we could just about scrape a team together with two centre midfielders out wide. We can set up to attack when there’s the chance of Lawrence, Ibe and Jozwiak interplaying with the sort of shield Bielik provides to give them the confidence to try riskier passes. 

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Don’t think we played particularly badly. We certainly played better all round over the 90 than against Norwich. It’ll come. 

We were a lot better than in the Norwich game in my opinion, much more compact and solid, and on our rare trips forward we looked ok. With an upgrade up on the wings and attacking midfield with players back again, I think we'll look a lot better. We lost a point we deserved tonight, but we stole 3 from Norwich so it's evened itself out. 

9 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Not zero confidence, but we certainly don’t look a team brimming with confidence either, especially in the final third. 

Lawrence gave me some hope, if we can get him, Jozwiak and Ibe on the pitch together we’d give teams a lot more to worry about.

Several players have said since Norwich the mood in build up was positive, but you rightly identify the difference we were lacking. Get those players on the pitch, even Waggy and we’ll create far more.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

We were a lot better than in the Norwich game in my opinion, much more compact and solid, and on our rare trips forward we looked ok. With an upgrade up on the wings and attacking midfield with players back again, I think we'll look a lot better. We lost a point we deserved tonight, but we stole 3 from Norwich so it's evened itself out. 

I think if we’d started with both Lawrence and Jozwiak we’d have had a lot more creativity. I’m more hopeful of the next game. We’re getting there! 

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I think if we’d started with both Lawrence and Jozwiak we’d have had a lot more creativity. I’m more hopeful of the next game. We’re getting there! 

But we had enough to have a go today - why not from the beginning?

Archived