Derbyshire cricket 2021

jimbo jones

5 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Tough work supping/watching at Derby today Eddie?

I missed the first half an hour because I had my annual medical, so I didn't see them slump to 56-5. The rest of the day was brilliant. It's not every day you see an all-time Derbyshire record broken. As far as supping was concerned, I only shared a bottle of Karmeliet and a German Oktoberfest beer with the Memsahib - basically half my usual quota. I'd put a stone on in the last year, so I'm cutting down (a bit).

35 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Dave Hughton to step down as head coach at the end of the season. After a season like this it's not a huge surprise, something needed to happen. 

Yep, I know not the day to day activities of the coach but it's not working, that's as clear as day!

5 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Dave Hughton to step down as head coach at the end of the season. After a season like this it's not a huge surprise, something needed to happen. 

Sad news. 99% of our problems are nothing to do with him. Honourable man who fell on his sword and accepted responsibility. 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Sad news. 99% of our problems are nothing to do with him. Honourable man who fell on his sword and accepted responsibility. 

Yeah, he’s getting a lot of stick from some, which is unfair. It seems to have been forgotten how well we did in the Bob Willis trophy last season.