I am missing pp and Derby county

B4ev6is

I am missing pp so much but also my love for Derby county I just want walk back in pp again I am so fed up of freaking goverment Derby has one of lowest r rate in the uk. I so wanting to sing my heart out for Derby as weeks go on and months I am feeling increasing more down at the moment.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am missing pp so much but also my love for Derby county I just want walk back in pp again I am so fed up of freaking goverment Derby has one of lowest r rate in the uk. I so wanting to sing my heart out for Derby as weeks go on and months I am feeling increasing more down at the moment.

We are all feeling the same and wish we could be there on Friday.

However it isn't safe to have a ground full of fans and sadly it won't be for many months to come.

Keep up your enthusiasm for the Rams and try not to get too down. We will all be back there one day.

We all share your sentiments but vulnerable Derby fans would die if we were all allowed back at the moment. That's too high a price to watch a football match. You're right to blame the government though - Rugby internationals are apparently going ahead in New Zealand with stadiums at full capacity.

Read this - we are where we are but we could have been more or less back to normal by now with a competent government.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/10/continual-local-lockdowns-answer-covid-control

Certainly changed my perspective...

Infection rate is rising, hospital admissions rising, death rates rising.

No time for large gatherings of peed up football fans, dribbling their way to their seats and congregating in toilets.

Every country with a reasonably dense population is struggling with this. Every politician and every scientist has a different solution. No one knows who’s right because we haven’t been through this before.

We have to try to keep this down until a vaccine is found. Even then, there will be a period of uncertainty whilst we learn how successful it has been and whether there are side effects.

Football is way down the list of importance.

I’m afraid we need to find other things to occupy our time, starting with time with our loved ones.

8 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I am (was) a season ticket holder and miss the match and whole Saturday experience.

I dont often watch on tv and don’t have sky. So far watched none of this season on Rams TV.

So I think I miss going to PP more than football. Is that weird?

No I don't think that's weird. 

Watching football on TV is like going to a lap dancing club. You can see what's going on but you don't really feel part of it. 

Watching football live is a real experience and makes me feel alive. 

There's an energy within the stadium that can't be recreated on TV. 

That's what we all miss. 

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

No I don't think that's weird. 

Watching football on TV is like going to a lap dancing club. You can see what's going on but you don't really feel part of it. 

Watching football live is a real experience and makes me feel alive. 

There's an energy within the stadium that can't be recreated on TV. 

That's what we all miss. 

Interesting to see what you get up to in your spare time, RA. But I do see what you mean.

Personally, I still get quite involved when watching Derby on tv, as I find the tension tends to block out the fact that there's no atmosphere, but I find other matches between even the top teams, totally flat, without the supporters in attendance.

Obviously, tv will never be a replacement for actually being at a match and with so many other 'non essential' businesses in operation, I would have thought that returning to the stadiums should be possible and relatively safe, even if at only 20% capacity.

What really irritates me about watching games on tele, in matches with fake crowd noise, is that no matter what channel, which TV I'm watching it on, whether through an app, the Virgin Media box, PS4, a dodgy stream online through the PC, or any other variable...

...every 20-30 seconds or so you'll get a very faint (and to some probably inaudible) sort of 2-pronged buzzing/whirring which sounds almost like a hard-drive loading up the next little bit of audio.

I watched the Bundesliga 2 game to see Dursun, proper crowd... no whirring noise. Rams TV without any crowd noise... no whirring noise.

I've never seen anyone else mention this, but I'm not imagining it!

Drives me mad

10 hours ago, Red Ram said:

We all share your sentiments but vulnerable Derby fans would die if we were all allowed back at the moment. That's too high a price to watch a football match. You're right to blame the government though - Rugby internationals are apparently going ahead in New Zealand with stadiums at full capacity.

Read this - we are where we are but we could have been more or less back to normal by now with a competent government.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/10/continual-local-lockdowns-answer-covid-control

Certainly changed my perspective...

It surprised me too!

A sensible and balanced article in the Grauniad!

And no typos!

13 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I am finding increasing more differcults it is breaking my heart that I cant go and see them I know rams tv and my dad recently now tv stick thing but just not the same.

Its not the same but have you tried watching the match live and having some fellow fans you know on whats app or zoom or something so you can all mutter and moan (or hopefully cheer) together?  Its not the same but not quite as bad as watching alone. 

Let's get real about this virus. B4, you simply cannot blame the government for everything is this world. Over One Million (1,000,000+) people, worldwide, have died from this virus and compared to many other countries, we can, to most extent, and with precautions, go about our daily lives.

I truely want to go back to see live football, in a stadium which is rocking with sound, music, chanting and banter. To meet up with my brother, friends and just people who sit around me to say hello.

Stay calm and tomorrow the sun will come up again, and one day we'll all go back to Pride Park to see The Rams.

Why can’t we attend games in a hazmat suit? I’m sure this would be a safe way to get fans back into football stadiums.

I can appreciate that the South stand chants would be muffled somewhat, so much much change there, but this would also apply to away fans. 

The bounce though would look great especially if we had those luminous green ones. 

Archived