How many more players do you think we will sign?

ziggyram59

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This transfer window is dying out similar to the last couple.

So much promise with regards to strikers coming (just like wingers last year), but nothing seems to be happening. With Cocu saying last week 1 or 2 more signings, "we are not done yet" and a player would sign early in the week I was excited and honestly thought the club would pull a rabbit out the hat........still waiting.

If the deadline for foreign signings is Monday and Dursun is our only target then I fear the worse.

Expect Jamie Paterson to turn his phone off on transfer deadline day.

I expect we will scramble something, in the mad rush of last orders. 
sheffield United signing Brewster might trigger a billy Sharp on loan deal.

We'll get a centre forward and no more. If we don't get one this weekend it would not surprise me if we took the full extension period to get a loan player in.

If we're lucky Mel might treat us to that van Ginkel at Chelsea who played Cocu at PSV aswell ?

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This transfer window is dying out similar to the last couple.

So much promise with regards to strikers coming (just like wingers last year), but nothing seems to be happening. With Cocu saying last week 1 or 2 more signings, "we are not done yet" and a player would sign early in the week I was excited and honestly thought the club would pull a rabbit out the hat........still waiting.

If the deadline for foreign signings is Monday and Dursun is our only target then I fear the worse.

Expect Jamie Paterson to turn his phone off on transfer deadline day.

I agree with MackworthramlsGod if we don't sign anyone then I believe we're in a relegation battle. 

10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

At the start of the season before Lowe & Bogle went I thought most were reconciled with relying on our youngsters?

The youngsters are great and are the future of the club, where that future is though depends on what happens this season, no good them being relegated to league 1 or they will be picked up for peanuts.

The young, fast youngsters need someone big up front who can control the ball, hold it up and allow the youngsters to do their thing. Is it just a coincidence that Sibley is a shadow of his former self since Martin left?

Our team at the minute is like a Lamborghini purchased from Wish, it has all the dazzle of the real thing, the body work is spot on, except under the bonnet is a lawn mower engine.

We are missing the vital part.

24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The youngsters are great and are the future of the club, where that future is though depends on what happens this season, no good them being relegated to league 1 or they will be picked up for peanuts.

The young, fast youngsters need someone big up front who can control the ball, hold it up and allow the youngsters to do their thing. Is it just a coincidence that Sibley is a shadow of his former self since Martin left?

Our team at the minute is like a Lamborghini purchased from Wish, it has all the dazzle of the real thing, the body work is spot on, except under the bonnet is a lawn mower engine.

I totally agree but the point I am making is that we suddenly have a change of opinion by a lot of people. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

18 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Best case 1 striker.

Expecting no one.

Me too.

And, if that’s the case, it’ll make (from his point of view) Bobby Duncan’s decision to come here inspired, as he will have an amazing opportunity to get playing first team football if he is doing well for the Under 23s.

It will be a bit of a disappointing transfer window if we don't get anyone else in. I really was expecting more. We sold Bogle and lowe for upwards of 11 million was it? We've spent on Jozwiak, where has the rest of it gone? Come on Mel this team needs strengthening. We don't want to watch another season of rubbish football and have excuses being made for it, we need to be competitive.

43 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You are right in my view.

I don't think we'll get anyone particularly good in, and as somebody once said, "you don't win anything with kids!"

My favourite statistical prediction site gives us a 25% chance of relegation as the team stands now. A long way to go but they were pretty accurate on our final position from about 5 games in last year.

Archived