Is Mel getting ready?

oldtimeram

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Effectively gave him the dreaded vote of confidence last week with an oddly timed full page spread about how it’s a long term plan but.....

Do I think he should go? Admittedly not as much as I did a few hours ago ? (fickle Ay)

Do I think Wel sack him? Not a chance, signed 6 players this window, spoke in his interview about signing 2 more, add in the 3 players out injured who are pretty much guaranteed starters this team has so much room to evolve. 

If we’re not pushing the play offs by Christmas I’d fully expect that trigger finger to get itchy. 

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I think it’s virus fatigue myself Dan, my tolerance level ain’t what it was, you might think I’m daft but look at the people either quitting/taking time out or the other people having go’s at other members.

You say that, but occasionally when I'm bored I'll gander around other teams forums, if there's a player we're sniffing around or such like.

Some are better than others granted, but I don't think any I've seen are as tolerant, well behaved and respectful of others opinions as this forum, I think the balance is pretty much spot on here. 

I think your virus fatigue angle is on the money though, especially for those of us who use this site a lot. 

It's easy to forget that behind every line of text there's a real person.

Barely anyone knows anyone else personally, and sometimes we cross lines others find unacceptable without giving it a second thought, and reach for the most extreme response when questioned, in a way we'd never do with our friends, family or colleagues.

This often manifests itself in the response 'Sod off and support them lot down the A52 then', but that misses the point, and pisses me off no end.

We're all only here because we support Derby County, it's our only reason for being here, and whether you think the manager/owner/recruitment is clueless or not isn't the important issue.

Those things are discussed on here by a disparate group of people, unified by one common love, Derby County Football Club.

These are the days of lasers in the jungle
Lasers in the jungle somewhere
Staccato signals of constant information
A loose affiliation of millionaires
And billionaires and baby

These are the days of miracle and wonder
This is the long distance call
The way the camera follows us in slo-mo
The way we look to us all, oh yeah

The way we look to a distant constellation
That's dying in a corner of the sky
These are the days of miracle and wonder
And don't cry baby, don't cry, 

basically for us long in the tooth we have been here many times before and we will be here many times again just in a different format ! It’s never gonna change it’s the Derby way, chill babies !

@reverendo de duivel nailed it.

This is one of the most civil corners of the Internet

I think we would all admit we can behave like a ********* from time to time. Bite at something, fire up too easy, go OTT with making our point?

We all do it. 

I think this is one of the few places where you can offer a truce or a civil way to end an argument and the vast majority of posters will take it. There are very few people stuck so far up their own backsides on here that they will kung-fu keyboard you to oblivion. 

It's well moderated and trolls get moved on. 

It's always worth trying to smooth things over on here unlike twitter etc where trolls lurk and there are no rules. 

This is a nice place believe it or not. Derby are playing poo. Of course it won't be a cheerful environment. Defuse where possible, ignore the odd loon and debate with the reasonable. Don't waste energy fighting. 

Have to say ,after viewing other clubs forums out of curiosity and to get a jist  of what their fans opinions are. We appear to have a brilliant forum , well moderated with some great posters and a variety of forums/ platforms. As the website has developed and become ever more popular I have personally noticed ( personal opinion) more posts of a nature that are of less intrest, and indeed quality.( Again personal opinion.) Always going to be members talking tripe or wanting to be noticed however for the most part irrespective of differences in opinion I think the majority of posters contribute to interesting topics sensibly .Even if I disagree with their opinion.I am sure we have at some point all posted something that in hindsight may have been incorrectly thought through,easily misinterpreted and don't believe oldtimeram meant to cause offence. However my opinion on Cocu  is one of confidence and he should be given time 

Archived