If All Fit & In Form, Whats Our Best XI ?

Chris_Martin

4 hours ago, DCFClks said:

Well if that's the case, Lawrence's 1 good game every 5 is still better than Ibe when he was here 6 years ago. He only scored 5 goals, don't get why everyone thinks he was amazing.

but i have Lawrence in the team already. 

Yes Ibe only scored 5, but he also got assists too and was only here around 4 months. His overall play was great and could dribble past players with ease. He must have been quite good because Liverpool cut his loan deal short as they wanted him back playing for them.

Marshall

Byrne     Edmundson   Clarke   Buchanan    

Bielik

Bird                       Knight 

Jozwiak         CKR       Lawrence 

Potential for Sibley Roberts and Ibe to get into this if Sibley fulfils his potential and Roberts and Ibe get back to anything like their best form. Don’t think Lawrence gets enough credit for just how good he was last season - particularly his form post Joiners gate

13 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

but i have Lawrence in the team already. 

Yes Ibe only scored 5, but he also got assists too and was only here around 4 months. His overall play was great and could dribble past players with ease. He must have been quite good because Liverpool cut his loan deal short as they wanted him back playing for them.

But how many players have good spells and then do nothing? How many players are the same as they were six years ago? Some players, especially wingers, can hit there peak very early in there careers. I'd still rather play Roberts or Sibley over Ibe, They've shown more in there past than his 4 months six years ago. If we're going by players past form from years ago, then if Rooney is still technically registered as a player then I'd pick him because of his form in the 2009/10 season. I don't understand your logic. I still hope he turns into a good player for us though.

21 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

But how many players have good spells and then do nothing? How many players are the same as they were six years ago? Some players, especially wingers, can hit there peak very early in there careers. I'd still rather play Roberts or Sibley over Ibe, They've shown more in there past than his 4 months six years ago. If we're going by players past form from years ago, then if Rooney is still technically registered as a player then I'd pick him because of his form in the 2009/10 season. I don't understand your logic. I still hope he turns into a good player for us though.

Fair point there. Maybe I'm still holding on to what Ibe did before?, would be great to see him get back to that level, but the longer goes by the less likely it probably is going to happen. 

You can't pick Rooney from 09/10 season though as he hadn't played for us ?. I picked Ibe from 2015 as he had actually played for Derby then. 

With the current players we have (including the injured ones)

Marshall

Edmundson Clarke Wisdom

Byrne-----------------------------------Buchannan

Beilik-----------Shinnie

Knight

Waghorn CKR

24 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

You can't pick Rooney from 09/10 season though as he hadn't played for us ?. I picked Ibe from 2015 as he had actually played for Derby then. 

If we're picking a best XI on there best form, why does it matter if that was when they were playing for us or not? When Ibe was last here it was almost a completely different team. I'd pick Roberts because his best form was when he was playing for Celtic and I hope he can get to that level here. Roberts 2018 for Celtic was much better than Ibe 2015 for Derby.

19 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

If we're picking a best XI on there best form, why does it matter if that was when they were playing for us or not? When Ibe was last here it was almost a completely different team. I'd pick Roberts because his best form was when he was playing for Celtic and I hope he can get to that level here. Roberts 2018 for Celtic was much better than Ibe 2015 for Derby.

because we're picking a Derby County team. 

I understand your point about Ibe. But you can only pick them based on what they have done in a Derby shirt.  

24 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

because we're picking a Derby County team. 

I understand your point about Ibe. But you can only pick them based on what they have done in a Derby shirt.  

I don't know how I can explain it any more. The original question is "If All Fit & In Form, Whats Our Best XI ?" Where does it say that form has to have been while they were playing for Derby at some point? What if A player has just signed and never played a game for Derby but has a strong reputation at other clubs? They couldn't be in the XI then? So we could signed CR7 but if he hasn't made his debut yet he can't get in the theoretical best XI because "he hasn't done it in a Derby shirt". Ibe would be ahead of him because he happened to have a brief loan spell at Derby 6 years ago, even though it was a vastly different Derby team to now. 

4 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

I don't know how I can explain it any more. The original question is "If All Fit & In Form, Whats Our Best XI ?" Where does it say that form has to have been while they were playing for Derby at some point? What if A player has just signed and never played a game for Derby but has a strong reputation at other clubs? They couldn't be in the XI then? So we could signed CR7 but if he hasn't made his debut yet he can't get in the theoretical best XI because "he hasn't done it in a Derby shirt". Ibe would be ahead of him because he happened to have a brief loan spell at Derby 6 years ago, even though it was a vastly different Derby team to now. 

Clearly CR7 would get in the team! 

But you were on about having Rooney in the team from the 09/10 season which obviously doesn't make sense. 

1 hour ago, DCFClks said:

I thought the idea was picking a team of our current squad based on performances in a Derby shirt. But then that's just me.

So god knows how Rooney has got anywhere that starting 11. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

22 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I thought the idea was picking a team of our current squad based on performances in a Derby shirt.

Well if that's so I don't see the point because if favours players who've been here longer because they've had more time to hit form at some point. Wouldn't that mean Forsyth could possibly be in ahead of Buchanan based on his level years ago, in reality not many would pick him.

Also @Chris_Martin should have made it clearer in his original question.