If All Fit & In Form, Whats Our Best XI ?

Chris_Martin

Marshall

Byrne     Te Wierik     Clarke     Forsyth

Bielik    Rooney

Ibe      Lawrence     Jozwiak

Marriott

Very tough picking the bench. I started but gave up. This team if everyone is on their best form. I realize no one from the academy makes my first 11. Bogle and Lowe would if they were still here.

On 26/09/2020 at 19:06, Carl Sagan said:

Marshall

Byrne     Te Wierik     Clarke     Forsyth

Bielik    Rooney

Ibe      Lawrence     Jozwiak

Marriott

Very tough picking the bench. I started but gave up. This team if everyone is on their best form. I realize no one from the academy makes my first 11. Bogle and Lowe would if they were still here.

Marshall,

Byrne, Davies, Clarke, Obita / LB,

Rooney, Bird,

Ibe, Lawrence, Jozwiak, 

Dursun.

Subs - Roos, Wisdom, Forsyth, Knight, Shinnie, Waghorn, Duncan

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Marshall,

Rooney, Bird,

Ibe, Lawrence, Jozwiak, 

Dursun.

Forgot Bielik so as above but Bielik for Forsyth to start with until Bielik proves himself fit again.

Marshall

Byrne                 Wisdom                          Clarke             (Problem - Shinnie out of desperation)

Rooney                Bielik

Ibe                                         Lawrence                                      Jozwiak

Marriott/New Guy

31 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Marshall,

Rooney, Bird,

Ibe, Lawrence, Jozwiak, 

Dursun.

Appreciate trying to fit everyone in is difficult, verging on impossible, but Sibley not even making the squad is a bit harsh. And Dutch Mike, even though he's had a nightmare start, isn't going to improve by not playing. Not a criticism, just a comment.

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Evans Clarke Shinnie 

Beilik Holmes Rooney 

Joswiak Dursun 

Subs : Duncan Lawrence De Weirik Marriott Waghorn Ibe Wisdom Roos Bird Sibley Knight Forsyth Bucannon Whittaker Davies 

FFS what a large squad 

Edited by bucktwo

21 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Appreciate trying to fit everyone in is difficult, verging on impossible, but Sibley not even making the squad is a bit harsh. And Dutch Mike, even though he's had a nightmare start, isn't going to improve by not playing. Not a criticism, just a comment.

Sibley omission was a mistake. Dutch Mike was not. Sibley for Knight then. All the best Cocu. I cannot even pick a squad never mind a team. Danger of Academy players being squeezed back out again. Over to you, OR.

26 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Dutch Mike can try to keep the new signings at bay in training to improve for the minute.

image.png.228406bdd19012984d4b7daf43298c06.png

My only concerns with this are:

Not sure who's best to partner Clarke at CB ? Evans, MTW, Davies, Wisdom have all looked poor lately.

Lawrence in CM, his best position is definitely as a no.10 but don't know how he'd get on there. 

With Holmes and Lawrence driving forward this line up could be a little too attacking, but just want us to start creating and scoring goals again.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Forgot Bielik so as above but Bielik for Forsyth to start with until Bielik proves himself fit again.

Also forgot Sibley and Holmes. Get another LB and we have two teams that could stay up or finish in top 10 or bottom 3. If you have any questions, ask someone else. Thank you, good day.

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Sibley omission was a mistake. Dutch Mike was not. Sibley for Knight then. All the best Cocu. I cannot even pick a squad never mind a team. Danger of Academy players being squeezed back out again. Over to you, OR.

Our squad is getting increasingly large, which doesn't make it easy to pick a side. Hopefully a mix of grit and creativity:

Marshall

Byrne   Wisdom   Clarke    Shinnie

Bielik      Bird

Ibe      Lawrence    Jozwiak

Dursun*

Subs:  Selection from: Roos  Evans  MTW  Sibley  Knight  Rooney  Waghorn  Holmes  Marriott 

Duncan to step up when fit

Davies squad cover only

* Presuming Dursun joins

I've probably missed someone really obvious out ? The youth players are starting to slip back out of contention though, which Mel wouldn't be happy about 

13 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

image.png.228406bdd19012984d4b7daf43298c06.png

My only concerns with this are:

Not sure who's best to partner Clarke at CB ? Evans, MTW, Davies, Wisdom have all looked poor lately.

Lawrence in CM, his best position is definitely as a no.10 but don't know how he'd get on there. 

With Holmes and Lawrence driving forward this line up could be a little too attacking, but just want us to start creating and scoring goals again.

Thoughts?

You said it yourself. I don't think Lawrence can play CM, especially with his disciplinary record and defensive work rate. 

People seem to have written off te Wierik after 3 games, I think he'll actually turn out good in the end, or Bielik could play there as he's previously said it's his favoured position. Also Wisdom's still recovering from his injury, he was arguably our best player before he got attacked. I don't think Evans and Davies are good enough.

You've also included 2 players we don't even have but yes, I would pick them if they were here.      

Marshall

Byrne       te Wierik      Clarke     Forsyth/New

Bielik            Bird

Ibe                 Lawrence           Jozwiak

Waghorn/New

I'd like to see us change between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 in game e.g. one of the front 3 comes off for Holmes.

5 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Our squad is getting increasingly large, which doesn't make it easy to pick a side. Hopefully a mix of grit and creativity:

Marshall

Bielik      Bird

Dursun*

Subs:  Selection from: Roos  Evans  MTW  Sibley  Knight  Rooney  Waghorn  Holmes  Marriott 

Davies squad cover only

* Presuming Dursun joins

I've probably missed someone really obvious out ? The youth players are starting to slip back out of contention though, which Mel wouldn't be happy about 

Better than my attempt., OR.

5 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Marshall

Bielik      Bird

Dursun*

Davies squad cover only

* Presuming Dursun joins

From the games you have seen Shinnie play at left back, what strengths does he bring to the role? I haven’t seen him play there ?

4 3 3 

Marshall

byrne davies Clarke Buchanan

Holmes bielik sibley 

jozwiak    Waghorn        Ibe 

Hard to tell actually how Ibe will be but I’ll stick him in. Also would fit Lawrence In but I really feel we need a 3 to protect our back 4. I’m not certain sibley is suited to being too far forward, he just gets marked out the game. I feel he would suit being further back with forward bursts maybe. But hey what do I know, I’m just a nobody. 

5 minutes ago, Ramos said:

4 3 3 

Marshall

byrne davies Clarke Buchanan

Holmes bielik sibley 

jozwiak    Waghorn        Ibe 

Hard to tell actually how Ibe will be but I’ll stick him in. Also would fit Lawrence In but I really feel we need a 3 to protect our back 4. I’m not certain sibley is suited to being too far forward, he just gets marked out the game. I feel he would suit being further back with forward bursts maybe. But hey what do I know, I’m just a nobody. 

I would have Lawrence in for Sibley playing just behind Waggers...

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

From the games you have seen Shinnie play at left back, what strengths does he bring to the role? I haven’t seen him play there ?

To be honest, it's the only way I could squeeze him into the side (which I'm guessing you knew already ?). I just think we need a player with his bite and drive in the side, a bit of a terrier ?‍♂️