If All Fit & In Form, Whats Our Best XI ?

Chris_Martin

4 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

To be honest, it's the only way I could squeeze him into the side (which I'm guessing you knew already ?). I just think we need a player with his bite and drive in the side, a bit of a terrier ?‍♂️

So you haven’t seen him play there then ?

I’d love to see us get to a 4-1-4-1. One holding midfielder (Bielik) is the key to that though. No idea about defence yet apart from Marshall and Byrne, but would go something like the below

marshall

byrne wisdom Clark fozzy

bielik

jozwiak bird Holmes Lawrence 

waggy

i could make an argument for Ibe and potentially swap Lawrence in for Holmes supporting the CF

24 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

You said it yourself. I don't think Lawrence can play CM, especially with his disciplinary record and defensive work rate. 

People seem to have written off te Wierik after 3 games, I think he'll actually turn out good in the end, or Bielik could play there as he's previously said it's his favoured position. Also Wisdom's still recovering from his injury, he was arguably our best player before he got attacked. I don't think Evans and Davies are good enough.

You've also included 2 players we don't even have but yes, I would pick them if they were here.      

Marshall

Byrne       te Wierik      Clarke     Forsyth/New

Bielik            Bird

Ibe                 Lawrence           Jozwiak

Waghorn/New

I'd like to see us change between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 in game e.g. one of the front 3 comes off for Holmes.

Playing a 4-2-3-1 we seem to have no connection between the 2 DM and the 3 AM. unless we have someone like Holmes who drives us forward then there is no link between them. Yes Bird has excellent stats from last season, but you are bound to have great stats if your just passing sideways and backwards all the time. Thats why i think a 4-3-3 is the way to go it just links up better.  

How do you know Lawrence cant play as part of the 3 midfield? has it ever been tried before? Lampard used to switch Mount and Wilson into CM both very attacking players. 

10 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Playing a 4-2-3-1 we seem to have no connection between the 2 DM and the 3 AM. unless we have someone like Holmes who drives us forward then there is no link between them. Yes Bird has excellent stats from last season, but you are bound to have great stats if your just passing sideways and backwards all the time. Thats why i think a 4-3-3 is the way to go it just links up better.  

How do you know Lawrence cant play as part of the 3 midfield? has it ever been tried before? Lampard used to switch Mount and Wilson into CM both very attacking players. 

Maybe Lawrence could play in a midfield 3 if we were more of a counter attacking team like under Lampard, I think him and Holmes would be good running at the opposition on the counter, but Phil wants us to be a possession based team and I don't think he has the passing ability or range to play there in this style. It's a shame we don't play counter attacking football because I think it would really suit players like Lawrence, Holmes and Marriott and with Rooney's ability to ping passes into space, but that's not the managers style of play unfortunately.

1 minute ago, DCFClks said:

Maybe Lawrence could play in a midfield 3 if we were more of a counter attacking team like under Lampard, I think him and Holmes would be good running at the opposition on the counter, but Phil wants us to be a possession based team and I don't think he has the passing ability or range to play there in this style. It's a shame we don't play counter attacking football because I think it would really suit players like Lawrence, Holmes and Marriott and with Rooney's ability to ping passes into space, but that's not the managers style of play unfortunately.

Can someone pick an eleven where each player is in their preferred position, even if some likely starters are not included 

marshall

byrne Clarke davies  forsthy

bielik

ibe Lawrence jozwiak

Marriott  waghorn

its not so much as the players that we pick ,but the formation, style of football that the manager decides to play. we need to stop playing the chuckle brothers walking football and play to the players strength, play waghorn up front, and not wide right, the 2 wide players have pace, and Marriott is best playing off a target man.

41 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Can someone pick an eleven where each player is in their preferred position, even if some likely starters are not included 

Marshall

Byrne      Bielik       Clarke       Forsyth

Shinnie

Holmes        Knight

Ibe           Waghorn       Jozwiak

29 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

Marshall

Byrne      Bielik       Clarke       Forsyth

Shinnie

Holmes        Knight

Ibe           Waghorn       Jozwiak

And then repeat with our remaining players if possible to show where we do not have natural cover.

Could potentially end up with this by the time we next play:

Marshall
Byrne, Davies, Clarke, Buchanan
Bielik
Ibe, Knight, Shinnie, Jozwiak
Austin

Not too bad at all! Knight and Shinnie have to keep their place. Let the defenders defend instead of being too intricate at the back. Bielik sitting in DM when we have the ball and CB when we don't.

6 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Could potentially end up with this by the time we next play:

Marshall
Byrne, Davies, Clarke, Buchanan
Bielik
Ibe, Knight, Shinnie, Jozwiak
Austin

Not too bad at all! Knight and Shinnie have to keep their place. Let the defenders defend instead of being too intricate at the back. Bielik sitting in DM when we have the ball and CB when we don't.

We have a very nice squad now but I could not pick a team or formation but assuming all are fit and playing well the first names on the team sheet would include:-

Marshall, Clarke, Byrne, Davies, Knight, Jozwiak, Ibe, Lawrence,

Struggling after that - spoilt for choice really

We have almost (with a bit of creative licence) got two teams

Marshall

Byrne            Evans                 Clarke          Buchanan

Knight                     Bielik

Jozwiak                  Lawrence                      Ibe

Austin

OR

Roos

Wisdom            Davies               Bird             Forsyth

Rooney            Shinnie