DCFC Fans - New Server 24/09/20 at 1.55pm

Day

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mostyn6 said:

does this server move create any opportunities for additional elements of the forum? Or is that software dependent? For example, the matchday chat of a few years back.

Matchday Chat was always hosted on the software developers servers and they chose to discontinue it, they didn't see enough usage to warrant maintaining it and that hasn't changed. 

We could look at 3rd party integration with something like Discord, but that can be a little over complicated for what we need it for.

I'm hoping this new server which has resources well above what we will ever need, can cope better on match days, see posts made quicker and pages loaded faster for you all.

12 minutes ago, David said:

Matchday Chat was always hosted on the software developers servers and they chose to discontinue it, they didn't see enough usage to warrant maintaining it and that hasn't changed. 

We could look at 3rd party integration with something like Discord, but that can be a little over complicated for what we need it for.

I'm hoping this new server which has resources well above what we will ever need, can cope better on match days, see posts made quicker and pages loaded faster for you all.

I wouldn't argue against this being the best you can get, there was just something a bit better about real-time comments without requiring F5 refresh. Beggars cannot be choosers, and I am in no way complaining. Just a "nice to have".

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I wouldn't argue against this being the best you can get, there was just something a bit better about real-time comments without requiring F5 refresh. Beggars cannot be choosers, and I am in no way complaining. Just a "nice to have".

Pros and cons, I think theres a better discussion to be had on the forum during games (depending on members posts), also allows non registered fans to follow the game, where the chat had that real time reaction. 

Ideally we would be able to have an auto refresh topic on the forum and there was a plugin that enabled that, but put great strain on the server., not sure it even still exists and it's not something I would want to try if I'm honest as 3rd party plugins can create all kinds of issues.

18 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am in on iPhone but not iPad. Every time I try to log in I get the ‘we’re moving’ page. I have cleared browsing history and caches. Thoughts?

Are they both using the same internet connection?

Try opening the forum in a private browsing window to try

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Try the after match zoom meetings, I’m sure @sage @angieram and the gang would welcome you.

Archived