DCFC Fans - New Server 24/09/20 at 1.55pm

Day

As you may have noticed recently that during games the forum has been running a little sluggish, throwing up all kind of errors, I have been frustrated just as much as you have and having spoken with our hosting company on numerous occasions now, I am no longer happy for us to remain their customer.

We are moving server. Again.

The migration will be handled by the new company and their team of experts, it's the same company that host the main Leicester City forum foxestalk.co.uk, who I have been speaking with the owner for a while now and has been with them over a year, if you was to take a look you will see just how quick his forum loads with even more users online.

As of now, I do not have a moving date, but again there will be some downtime expected, although I'm told this shouldn't be much longer than an hour.

It may be at incredibly short notice when this does happen as it needs to be timed where it's not completed right on top of a match so they can tweak a few settings here and there.

I will keep you all updated, as soon as I have a date/time ?

23/09/20 UPDATE: Having tested the forum on the new server today , pleased to be able to confirm that the server move will take place on Thursday 24th September at 1.55pm.

The forum will be offline for one to two hours, we are not anticipating any issues, however if we run into any issues we will post any updates on our twitter account

https://twitter.com/dcfcfans

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, David said:

As you may have noticed recently that during games the forum has been running a little sluggish, throwing up all kind of errors, I have been frustrated just as much as you have and having spoken with our hosting company on numerous occasions now, I am no longer happy for us to remain their customer.

We are moving server. Again.

The migration will be handled by the new company and their team of experts, it's the same company that host the main Leicester City forum foxestalk.co.uk, who I have been speaking with the owner for a while now and has been with them over a year, if you was to take a look you will see just how quick his forum loads with even more users online.

As of now, I do not have a moving date, but again there will be some downtime expected, although I'm told this shouldn't be much longer than an hour.

It may be at incredibly short notice when this does happen as it needs to be timed where it's not completed right on top of a match so they can tweak a few settings here and there.

I will keep you all updated, as soon as I have a date/time ?

Between midnight & 6.00am will be fine!

As part of the process I have moved all emails incoming and outgoing from the forum to Amazon servers today, I have tested and all seems to be working fine, but if anyone notices they are no longer receiving notification emails, finding them in your junk boxes, or that they’ve used the contact form and I haven’t replied please let me know. 

23 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Just to add my appreciation of the efforts that go into running and keeping this forum all tickety-boo.  I'm sure most of us just take it for granted as we lurk, troll, applaud, rant or rave on here. 

??

Appreciate it. ?

Our domain name has today been redirected to the new company servers, this should go through at some point over the next 24hours.

The forum will remain on the current server at the time and continue to operate as normal, but will be replicated for me to test over on the new companies server. All going well and running smoothly we could be making the switch tomorrow afternoon ready in time for the Blackburn game. 

I will update again when I have confirmation of the actual move.

1 hour ago, David said:

Our domain name has today been redirected to the new company servers, this should go through at some point over the next 24hours.

The forum will remain on the current server at the time and continue to operate as normal, but will be replicated for me to test over on the new companies server. All going well and running smoothly we could be making the switch tomorrow afternoon ready in time for the Blackburn game. 

I will update again when I have confirmation of the actual move.

ron swanson computer GIF

23/09/20 UPDATE: Having tested the forum on the new server today , pleased to be able to confirm that the server move will take place on Thursday 24th September at 1.55pm.

The forum will be offline for one to two hours, we are not anticipating any issues, however if we run into any issues we will post any updates on our twitter account

https://twitter.com/dcfcfans

Archived