Finances

Gritty

6 hours ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

That might be me, I'm still not sure which one it's suggesting, it's really not clear.

There was also this tweet from Ryan Conway and I wasn't sure whether he'd got that information from a source, or whether he'd also read the report and came to the conclusion from the wording.

I don't think Ryan Conway has a clue tbh.

If he did he'd answer questions in the comments section of his employers website.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I assume that is an estimate of the rolling 3 year P&S loss for the period 16/17, 17/18 and 18/19?

I haven't been keeping up very well with the analyses.......being distracted by being accused of living in Eastleigh...?

It's using actual figures for 16/17 and 17/18, with a projection for 18/19.

That projection was made at the end of March 2019, so I'd be surprised if it included the money gained through the playoffs. The amortisation of £25.1m was stated in April 2019 so unlikely to change much. There's also a change the Lampard compensation will fall inside the 18/19 period.

On top of the £25.1m amortisation in the 19/20 period, there's currently set to be a further c£20m over following few periods. With our amortisation policy being what it is, there is a large margin of error on that figure. 

The players of substantial book value remaining with the club are: Wisdom, Waghorn, Marriott, Jozefzoon, Malone, Evans, Holmes and Bielik. Beyond this season only Lawrence, Bielik, and Evans are currently set to stay, and they will most likely make up more than half of the £20m figure. We look to be quite tight to the P&S limit, so I would expect the club to pursue extensions for Wisdom, Waghorn, Marriott and Holmes, to push the amortisation due into next season

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I would expect the club to pursue extensions for Wisdom, Waghorn, Marriott and Holmes, to push the amortisation due into next season

I would expect we'll look to extend all 4 of those regardless of P&S concerns.

Holmes fee was in the £500k region iirc, similar with Evans, so I'm not sure they should be classed as having a substantial book value.

So the club has come up with a fantastic gesture with the season ticket refund policy and free RamsTV .

However, I worry that this means that potentially there will be no games played in front of fans this season & so next the money I have paid to the club now will just be used to pay for next years season ticket, plus very little money will be generated from Rams TV as it's free for season ticket holders.

My point is that let's say for this season & next season the club will spend approx £20m + £20m on salaries, ground rent & other overheads - total of £40m over the next 2 seasons - ( & thank goodness the salary bill has reduced greatly or it would be far higher )

So if we generate £4m to £5m from season tickets ( only for 1 season, not 2 remember) where does the outstanding £35m come from over 2 years ?

Do any of the accounts experts know what the TV deal generates, particularly as Sky may change the conditions due to the circumstances.

& how much do we get from sponsorship etc ?

I hope it's a lot otherwise we may be forced into more sales over this 2 year period just to survive.

No club in the EFL, probably not even the parachute payment clubs, will be able to resist the grim reaper unless some kind of lifeline payments can be handed out or the EFL allow clubs to heavily exceed FFP, assuming they have rich owners

8 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

So the club has come up with a fantastic gesture with the season ticket refund policy and free RamsTV .

However, I worry that this means that potentially there will be no games played in front of fans this season & so next the money I have paid to the club now will just be used to pay for next years season ticket, plus very little money will be generated from Rams TV as it's free for season ticket holders.

My point is that let's say for this season & next season the club will spend approx £20m + £20m on salaries, ground rent & other overheads - total of £40m over the next 2 seasons - ( & thank goodness the salary bill has reduced greatly or it would be far higher )

So if we generate £4m to £5m from season tickets ( only for 1 season, not 2 remember) where does the outstanding £35m come from over 2 years ?

Do any of the accounts experts know what the TV deal generates, particularly as Sky may change the conditions due to the circumstances.

I hope it's a lot otherwise we may be forced into more sales over this 2 year period just to survive.

No club in the EFL, probably not even the parachute payment clubs, will be able to resist the grim reaper unless some kind of lifeline payments can be handed out or the EFL allow clubs to heavily exceed FFP, assuming they have rich owners

It is an excellent way to get money in that they wouldn’t because once people stop paying they simply find other things to do and a significant percentage won’t come back and this way they will, it’s a very good move. It may seem like it’s kicking the tin down the road a bit but it is better than kicking an empty can and let’s compare it with what other teams in the championship are doing

9 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

Screenshot_20200912-085711_Drive.jpg

10 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

You’d think they would stop spunking their money up the wall chasing a legal case that has already been ridiculed By an independent pannel before it even made it To court 

On 07/09/2020 at 10:07, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well probably account the full fee for Lowe and Bogle coming in, but only the first payment on incoming players as going out....

It’s sad that it feels like we’re having to use monies raised by Selling our young talents To pay for mistakes of the past and not to invest in the future 

52 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

It’s sad that it feels like we’re having to use monies raised by Selling our young talents To pay for mistakes of the past and not to invest in the future 

Not really, the ground sale took  care of all of that.

I'd guess this seasons sales are just to help keep us afloat.

Although you could be right and this may be bailing us out because of the way our amortisation policy has now bitten us on the ass.

On 10/09/2020 at 11:29, Ghost of Clough said:

On top of the £25.1m amortisation in the 19/20 period, there's currently set to be a further c£20m over following few periods. With our amortisation policy being what it is, there is a large margin of error on that figure. 

The players of substantial book value remaining with the club are: Wisdom, Waghorn, Marriott, Jozefzoon, Malone, Evans, Holmes and Bielik. Beyond this season only Lawrence, Bielik, and Evans are currently set to stay, and they will most likely make up more than half of the £20m figure. We look to be quite tight to the P&S limit, so I would expect the club to pursue extensions for Wisdom, Waghorn, Marriott and Holmes, to push the amortisation due into next season

Very good post, GofC

Archived