Mitchell-Lawson joins Bristol Rovers on loan

Day

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Now that one I'm surprised with. With our lack of wide players at the minute, I'd have thought JML would have been pushing for a first team spot this season.

Oh well, I guess Cocu and the team think we must have better options. In Cocu I trust. ?

Agreed. Would be a strange move if we didn't expect incomings.  A good opportunity for him, good luck!

7 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Now that one I'm surprised with. 

Oh well, I guess Cocu and the team think we must have better options. In Cocu I trust. ?

I am not so surprised. I think his ability is based almost entirely on pace to beat a defender. I suspect our coaches don't believe his all round game is good enough for Championship football... But that we could make  some money from a sale to League 1 club when he has proved his worth. 

Good luck to the lad. He should be able to forge a career in pro football. 

Well done to him getting another loan spell at that level, wasn’t sure if he’d have had enough time to impress in the short period of time he was there last time before COVID ended the season. Clearly they rated him enough at Bristol to bring him back, which has got to be a good sign of how he’s progressing. Hopefully with a full season loan he can make much more progress this season.

Good luck to the lad. Another season of 'man's football' could be just what he needs. Unlike some, I can see him playing for Derby again, just needs toughening up a tad and some gym work to ally to his latent ability. Also seems to suggest that we may have a winger or two inbound.

9 hours ago, angieram said:

He's gone, isn't he? 

We're seen with other players it's often a case of "out of sight, out of mind" nowadays. How long is left on his contract? If it's his last year, he's definitely gone. If he has two years to go, he needs a really stand out season or he's joining Jonathan Mitchell.

Given both of those have already been sent out, at least the club is being decisive with fringe players. But once you're away from Moor Farm, the club loses control over your development. I'm still bitter it was such a bad move for Elsnik and the club allowed that to happen with a player who should have been treated as a prized asset.

But Bristol Rovers have brought some new players in and we broke our transfer record for a player who was a star of a League One campaign, so there is still some hope. We hope.

4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Good luck to the lad. Another season of 'man's football' could be just what he needs. Unlike some, I can see him playing for Derby again, just needs toughening up a tad and some gym work to ally to his latent ability. Also seems to suggest that we may have a winger or two inbound.

You’d hope it meant that a winger was on the way in but with this club you never know. 

I don't understand this just yet. 

The threat of a transfer embargo is still over our head and we've let one of our 3 keepers go out and a winger.

Which are the 2 main areas we need to strengthen. 

Yes neither may be good enough. Obviously. But they're bodies and they could be useful in cups or even league games next season if we're down to the bare bones. 

I'm not saying for one second I'd play either of them but I just think if we end up with a transfer embargo. We've got Roos and Ravas as our 2 keepers and we've let an option on the wing go out too. 

There will be questions asked if we get a transfer embargo as to why we didn't wait for the outcome before sending players out on loan.

I don't know if Mitchell-Lawson will be good enough. You'll never know until they're thrown in. Which next season he may have needed to have been.

Depends upon the level of the transfer embargo, if it’s a full embargo then we can’t sign anyone, if it’s a “soft” embargo then we can sign loans and frees within the wage constraints and players can be signed for fees but have to be approved by the useless EFL:

Expect them to go peak idiot with us even if they don’t have a leg to stand on!

Archived