Summer Transfers. Live!

Alph

6 hours ago, RamNut said:

Charlie Goode - Northampton to Brentford.

played well against us last season. That could be quite smart. 

Still can’t believe he wasn’t sent off for bringing down Marriott as last man in the first game. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, RamNut said:

Charlie Goode - Northampton to Brentford.

played well against us last season. That could be quite smart. 

I think he would have been decent for us as well having watched him a few times, extremely dangerous at set plays and a decent defender so very useful in the championship. The best bit about this one is that Middlesbrough and Warnock wanted him but obviously couldn’t afford him and then again west London or Middlesbrough? 

Norwich have just made their 10th signing of the season. They have nearly 40 players in their first team squad as it stands which is crazy. 

It had me thinking: Does anyone know an example where a team came down, made so many changes and went straight back up? It tends to be bigger squads that cause issues. I think Stoke signed a lot of players when they came down and ended up finishing 16th. 

I'd be fairly uneasy as a Norwich fan following a format that has been seen many times in the past without much/any* success. 

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Norwich have just made their 10th signing of the season. They have nearly 40 players in their first team squad as it stands which is crazy. 

It had me thinking: Does anyone know an example where a team came down, made so many changes and went straight back up? It tends to be bigger squads that cause issues. I think Stoke signed a lot of players when they came down and ended up finishing 16th. 

I'd be fairly uneasy as a Norwich fan following a format that has been seen many times in the past without much/any* success. 

Didn't realise Norwich had quite that many! 

Biggest squad in league, impressive that Stoke are still second

image.png.02353acd5cc8dbd1d4b14ccaf9aa3b18.png

17 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I think it’s just a case of getting players in early and settled with the shortened pre-season - especially because they tend to sign players from abroad.

I also think the interest from the Premier League in many of their players is a factor.

Once they sell the likes of Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis, Buendia, Cantwell and Pukki, they will have a lot of money to play around with. So it makes sense to get business done early when you think about it.

It is a bit more difficult to negotiate with clubs when they know you have an extra £100 million burning a hole in your pocket.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Roberto Pereyra [Watford - Udinese] Undisclosed

Ooh what a surprise!

Stipe Perica [Udinese - Watford] Undisclosed

Ooh what a surprise!

Dimitri Foulquier [Watford - Granada] Undisclosed

Ooh what a surprise!

54 minutes ago, JfR said:

You'll never guess who this lad played for

Ohh yeah

William Troost-Ekong [Udinese - Watford] Undisclosed

That’s a bit unexpected 

They just have brilliant washing machines at these clubs. Their LAUNDRY service is second to none.

If you need anything LAUNDERED give give them a call.

Shirts, shorts, socks. Anything really. just not money. Oh no definitely not money.

4 hours ago, JfR said:

On the subject of massive coincidences, the same second division Spanish club that gave Forest £8m for a youth player last year are now buying Forest's record signing that doesn't play

Interestingly that Club owned by the Saudi minister of entertainment.

I suppose between organising the monthly public executions, the lashing of women who left home without male permission and the first Monday monthly amputation of shoplifters limbs he's got plenty of time left to run a football club.

He also runs the state bingo, heaven help you should call house on 69.

Archived