Lee Buchanan signs new contract, 2022

Day

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news, clearly a player with a lot of potential. I like what I’ve seen of him so far, though I prefer him at CB. Interesting it’s only a 2 year deal though, the other youngsters got deals until 2023. Normally you want to tie prospects down to longer term contracts.

Just now, therealhantsram said:

Think this is one area we are overstocked, and could be looking to sell at least one, maybe two from Forsyth, Malone and Lowe. 

Forgot Malone existed. Definitely get rid. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

There’s something about him which I like but he like many others need to cut out the silly mistakes like against Leeds / WBA 

Hardly surprising. It’s his first season at a professional level with just 3 league starts (plus 2 sub apps and 2 full games in the cup) to his name. 
He was playing U18 football last season. Only 12 games at U23 level. I’d be astonished if he didn’t take a while to adjust to this level. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Seems a bit short term for a young player. We’ll be entering talks again next summer.

Money being tight could also be a factor.  i see this as a carrot.  There is no point in entering talks again next summer if he has not progressed sufficiently to justify that.

So Forsyth and Buchanan contracted until 2022, Malone and Lowe 2021?

Interesting to see what happens with them, maybe one of them all of a sudden developes into Dean Moxey like goalschoring machine and will replace Martin upfront...

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Hardly surprising. It’s his first season at a professional level with just 3 league starts (plus 2 sub apps and 2 full games in the cup) to his name. 
He was playing U18 football last season. Only 12 games at U23 level. I’d be astonished if he didn’t take a while to adjust to this level. 

Like I said really 

Anyone else thinking he’ll be sent out on loan?

Not a fan of the idea that you just send an academy prospect out on loan and they return a first teamer but it’s hard to see his path to regular minutes. With someone like Whittaker, you can see how he’s going to feature because we’re so short at winger and striker but I can’t see Buchanan beating out Lowe or Fozzy.

Glad we’ve got him tied up though, clearly a lot of potential there and I love our full-back conveyor belt.

Archived