Max Bird YPOTY

Srg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unusually I think Young Player of the Year is more sought after than the overall prize, given the competition. Some great performances from the young lads but Max Bird is a deserved winner. His composure & class sat in front of the back 4 has been instrumental to the post-Christmas surge. Exactly what we were crying out for.

49 minutes ago, Srg said:

Love seeing this. His trolling of Forest last week was brilliant but this is class also. Absolute top man

5 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

This will confuse the hell out of the poster who was claiming a few weeks ago that Max should go out on loan to League 1 next season.

Not such a surprise for any fans capable of tying their own shoelaces.

Think I missed that one ?.

I seriously think some people literally do not pay attention and just regurgitate trite opinions in situations they don't apply.

Young player -> Not an absolute physical machine -> loan to league to toughen up.

Like how can you legitimately, unironically suggest sending out Bird on loan with the half season that's he had. My honest view is that he had almost as large an effect in our turn around in form as Rooney (on the pitch - can't really comment as to Rooney's affect off it).

Massive well done to Max. Must admit I was a little disappointed how he dropped off the boil a bit toward the end of the season, but I’ll put that down to fatigue. He was absolutely crucial to our upturn in form around the new year, and deserves great credit for that. Bet Sibley will be disappointed to miss out though! A lot of competition for the prize this year.

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

This will confuse the hell out of the poster who was claiming a few weeks ago that Max should go out on loan to League 1 next season.

Not such a surprise for any fans capable of tying their own shoelaces.

It's even worse when you realise that he's our chief scout!

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He has done well, but I’m slightly disappointed for knight.
Just one fewer start and 6 goals scored. 

Get your point. Any other year and he wins it. That said, goals scored as a comparative stat between Bird and Knight is like comparing goals between Bryson and John Eustace. 

Just now, Srg said:

Get your point. Any other year and he wins it. That said, goals scored as a comparative stat between Bird and Knight is like comparing goals between Bryson and John Eustace. 

Same for Sibley really. Not sure I could easily pick any of them, it's the most competitive season to win this award we've ever had probably.

26 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Same for Sibley really. Not sure I could easily pick any of them, it's the most competitive season to win this award we've ever had probably.

Apart from last year? Bogle, Mount, Wilson, Tomori were all candidates. 

Archived