Watford

Beardmm

5 hours ago, Tiverton Ram said:

I think he loves us enough to know to turn down Leeds.

Watford won't sell this season, they won't have a need too.  If they did I have no doubt he would go to Leeds- no paycut on relegation and going to a club willing to put 50% on his wage to show there fans 'they mean business', then they will re-sell him to Watford on the way down.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Give this a watch.

He is a bargain at 15.

He is a steal at 10.

Imagine someone selling him for 4.

Very harsh on Rowett this.

To be fair to Gary, he had a great replacement for Hughes lined up in the shape of erm *checks notes* Maikel Kieftenbeld. 

Would love to see Hughesy back at the club a few years down the line.

Can’t see our paths crossing any time soon with our stacked midfield and limited budget. In my heart of hearts I think if we get promoted to the PL in the next 5 years, he’ll be back in a shot. Looks like he’s had a decent time at Watford and is popular with the fans but Derby in the PL must still be a dream of his.

Hope he gets a move back to the PL for now though, he’s better than the championship.

23 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Very harsh on Rowett this.

To be fair to Gary, he had a great replacement for Hughes lined up in the shape of erm *checks notes* Maikel Kieftenbeld. 

To be fair to Rowett he is the only manager in the last five years who signed players having considered where they might actually play.

spacer.png

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Would be interesting to know what kind of sell on fee we’d get if he does move on... could help a lot right now.

I heard it was £7.50 and a signed picture of Elton John.

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

To be fair to Rowett he is the only manager in the last five years who signed players having considered where they might actually play.

spacer.png

Yeah not many managers could have figured out to play Curtis Davies at CB and Cameron Jerome up front, a real stroke of genius.

My immediate thought (and I'm almost ashamed to say this) was that he would be surplus to requirements here.  Then I watched that Youtube reel and had a rethink.

In a 4-2-3-1 he could definitely play as any one of the three.  Imagine Lawrence, Sibley and Hughes behind a mobile and clinical striker.*

Ooh, lovely.

*Could that be a fit Marriott?

9 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Yeah not many managers could have figured out to play Curtis Davies at CB and Cameron Jerome up front, a real stroke of genius.

No, simplicity, rather than buying a thousand winger/ strikers/ better in midfield or defence players who are a jack of all trades.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably going to bring Nick Blackman back to the Championship with him. People who've worked with him before seem to get inexplicably attached.

34 minutes ago, JfR said:

Looks chuffed to bits to be there

Christ what the hell is that kit he's holding up. Not only does he have to swap the beauty of Croatia for the decaying slums of Watford, but he also has to watch his players run around in that monstrosity all day - no wonder he looks so grim.

Archived