Huddersfield Sack the Cowley Brothers

Day

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually with these things the fans are vocal when they want a manager removed, but in this case the Hudds fans seem genuinely shocked that they have fired their manager - doesn't seem like a popular decision.

They aren't taking applications either, so assume they already have a replacement identified.

17 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

There's rumours of another Championship club going into administration, could be clearing the decks?

I don't know what Huddersfields wages are like, but i would have thought administration would be unlikely given the huge profit they made on transfers and the tens of millions they get in parachute payments. Could be wrong, but they are one of the last clubs id expect to go into administration.

43 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I don't know what Huddersfields wages are like, but i would have thought administration would be unlikely given the huge profit they made on transfers and the tens of millions they get in parachute payments. Could be wrong, but they are one of the last clubs id expect to go into administration.

Might not be so clear.

They have to pay £15m to their former owner within 5 days of the window closing, with another £10m in August's 21 and 22, and another £10m on top of that at a later date.

They've already borrowed £31m this season to be repaid with next season's 3rd and final parachute payment, and who knows if that will be reduced because of Covid? That's the tidy sum of £56m that's known about, to be repaid in the next 12 months.

The popular theory is that they've already fallen out with the chairman over transfer budgets etc who by accounts isn't the most receptive person when someone disagrees with his point of view.

The Cowley brothers were rumoured to try on the same tactics at Lincoln when they were they regards their views on how the club should be run.

3 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

There's rumours of another Championship club going into administration, could be clearing the decks?

Pretty much broke even in their final PL season, after making a £30m profit the season before. Probably haven’t made the cuts required to stay in the black as a Championship side so it’s possible. 
Hull would be my bet if anyone, with those owners. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Pretty much broke even in their final PL season, after making a £30m profit the season before. Probably haven’t made the cuts required to stay in the black as a Championship side so it’s possible. 
Hull would be my bet if anyone, with those owners. 

Anyone's guess really.

I'm just thinking if it happens it's going to be a club with recentish new owners with a lot of external debt.

Given the sanction would take place next season for Hull, who are already relegated, that wouldn't make much sense.

Probably just paper talk anyway, but after Wigan who knows?

4 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Anyone's guess really.

I'm just thinking if it happens it's going to be a club with recentish new owners with a lot of external debt.

Given the sanction would take place next season for Hull, who are already relegated, that wouldn't make much sense.

Probably just paper talk anyway, but after Wigan who knows?

Hull remind me a bit of Blackpool. Maybe not quite so extreme. 

47 minutes ago, rustylee said:

So much for Covid putting a brake on transfer prices if a championship club is paying £15 million for Grant.

We paid £3 mill for Blackman who got 11 goals in half a season - whoever is paying £15 mill for a guy who has had one alright season in the Championship needs to give their head a wobble.

As long as it isn't us offering that kind of money it will be fun to laugh at another club paying such ludicrous transfer fees for a change. I'm guessing it can't be anyone other than one of the parachute sides offering that kind of money though - maybe Stoke.

Archived