Tribunal Update

Shipley Ram

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Oh I'm with you. The gradual remodeling away from big spend poo or bust through Pearson/mac2 the rowett then lampaard get a competitive team together by hook or by crook onto let's build a team/club is most welcome. I was trying to caution against "EFL done with, let's get some headline grabbing signings in for promotion 2021" which I don't see being the way we are going to go.

+1 

Great post.

It's been brilliant to see the kids come through (supplemented by Rooney).

Like most suspect we do need one or two more senior players (up front, wide, etc).  But hopefully savvy signings not big money - it's not like big money signings ever really work out for DCFC anyway!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am thoroughly enjoying Kieran Maguire's squirming, he's so obviously hacked off - I'm pretty sure his bitterness at Derby goes back to his team having their arses handed to them in the 13/14 playoffs. His current angle is what a fine job our lawyer did, as though he 'got us off', what a twerp.

16 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

The written stuff could do some serious damage. I can see the EFL appealing just to delay that output. 

How will appealing delay the output? Wed are appealing, yet their full report was published.

In their case verdict published 31 July.

Report published 17 Aug.

22 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

I don't know about anyone else but that's what I want to happen anyway.

Our youth players have proved themselves to be some of the best in the country, actually the best just over a year ago, they're not there just to make up the numbers.

It's nice being able to spend a bit of money on players, but it's nicer being able to say we helped to develop them.

The thing it does for me, is it means we can spend what cash we do have on someone who's genuinely going to make a difference, rather than split it amongst half a dozen average players.  Obviously it didn't work out brilliantly with Bielik last year, but I like the strategy of one big signing, a few loans/free signings to plug gaps in the squad and then make the rest up with youth players.  If we did the same this year with a low fee for Marshall, loans for Clarke and maybe a winger (e.g. Murphy) and then spend what cash we do have on the best striker we can afford, I'd be happy.  

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

The thing it does for me, is it means we can spend what cash we do have on someone who's genuinely going to make a difference, rather than split it amongst half a dozen average players.  Obviously it didn't work out brilliantly with Bielik last year, but I like the strategy of one big signing, a few loans/free signings to plug gaps in the squad and then make the rest up with youth players.  If we did the same this year with a low fee for Marshall, loans for Clarke and maybe a winger (e.g. Murphy) and then spend what cash we do have on the best striker we can afford, I'd be happy.  

I agree with this, and if that money goes on young players, like it did with Bielik last year, then all the better, as they are more likely to be worth more in the future.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Playing devils advocate here, as I dont like rubbing fellow supporters noses in it too much.

I guess their argument would be that we have had to relinquish one of our most important assets just to meet P&S rules and, if reports are to be believed will only receive the money for that over a period of 8 years.

Personally, I have no issues with it as MM assured that there were various clauses attached to the lease which makes it akin to still being our property and I'm happy to take them words at face value.

I can't be arsed to look it up, but how many clubs actually own their own stadium outright? I'm thinking not many.  DCFC have only done something ( within the rules ) that others have benefited from previously. Anyone that doesn't agree is simply an idiot with an agenda. Or just an idiot. 

2 hours ago, Rambalin said:

Think you are mixing the Wednesday case up here regards the stadium money. In Derby's case the money was transferred in straight away Wednesday's was over a number of years. 

Possible. Not sure where your evidence that the money was transferred straight over has come from? It most definitely wasnt and hasnt been shown to be in any documents submitted to Companies House to date.

3 hours ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Wasn't that Sheffield Wednesday, not us?

I thought I read an article saying £8m per over 10 years but with you and @Rambalin stating it is Sheffield Wednesday and not us it would appear I am wrong.

Whilst I understand all those that are of the opinion we should now put this behind us as a football club and simply move on if I were Mel, someone who has put his heart, soul & a significant amount of his personal wealth into the club, someone who is carrying the responsibility of being the custodian of the club and someone who has the burden of being responsible for the financial security of ALL the clubs employees, I would not go quietly on my way following this crushing victory. Call me vindictive but, apart from looking to recoup financial losses & costs along with mine & the clubs good name through the courts, if I were Mel I would set about dismantling the EFL brick by brick in whatever way(s) I could and regardless of how long it took me I wouldn’t stop until I had achieved my goal. For Mel I think that ‘revenge will be a dish best served cold’ on this occasion. PL2 anyone???

1 hour ago, R@M said:

I can't be arsed to look it up, but how many clubs actually own their own stadium outright? I'm thinking not many.  DCFC have only done something ( within the rules ) that others have benefited from previously. Anyone that doesn't agree is simply an idiot with an agenda. Or just an idiot. 

Or have the future of their club at heart?

Were the Coventry fans idiots to worry about the situation with their ground because look how that ended up.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Were the Coventry fans idiots to worry about the situation with their ground because look how that ended up.

The difference here is that Mel Morris still owns the stadium, so nothing has materially changed.  If he wanted to flog the land for property development, he could have done that while the club owned the ground.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I was only commenting on the thread, re the tribunal and the other clubs moaning about the entirely within rules sale of the stadium. 

It was then yourself who has brought a completely new angle to this thread - the very epitome of agenda bashing. 

Archived