EFL clarify the rest of the season

Curtains

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Returned today, Jake Buxton turned up wearing an M&S carrier bag on his head with eyes cut out.

He soon had a red face when he realised he was at the wrong club.

Bit warm for training lol. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Lots of photos on Twitter of Fulham players. I think our photographers might still be on furlough!

It's a good job I had my big lense out today. First exclusive photo of our boys back at training today, looking fit as ever.

Stay Safe. Stay Fit. Stay Connected.

image.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

It's a good job I had my big lense out today. First exclusive photo of our boys back at training today, looking fit as ever.

image.jpeg

Good social distance of 2m as long as they don't breathe out

6 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

image.jpeg

Where did you get that picture of my Sunday League team 1986?

Won't please everyone.  As said before it suits some to finish it now based solely on the basis of the table.

Voting to end it now and get promoted/staying up is a no-brainer, and we've seen teams like Peterborough who are digging their heels in about finishing league one because its in their best interests.  Only thing that will decide it will be a majority vote.  

I don't think it will come to it but I'm not sure the weighted points system is ideal, it could weight points on recent form somehow (or add points based on past 9 games eg +1 for a win/-1 for a defeat), but historic results are likely a better indicator than just running the rest of the season like a simulation or overcomplicating things. I can see some shocks when things do get up and running, a bad atmosphere at a club because they aren't happy with safety and anyone could freefall. What odds some immoral owner giving the squad and opposition C19 in an attempt to get the season canned?

Interested to see Derby's take, but I can see Mel and others putting business heads on, and deciding that any revenue from the sales of Rams TV subscriptions and whatever sponsorship can be exploited that way (banner advertising across the screen/website etc) is better than nothing.

Whatever happens I'm sure there will be promotions and play offs. The Premier League is 4 teams fewer than the championship and if they do chicken out of relegations for fear of being sued, it can accommodate these through dropped cup competitions and international windows.

Archived