Rate the last film you saw partie deux

Ovis aries

Valentines Night Romcom:

Crazy Stupid Love (2011)

Steve Carell's wife (Juianne Moore) blurts out over a date-night dinner that she wants a divorce. They separate and there then follows a series of connected love story plot lines.

The first romcom that has made me laugh out loud in a long time. Very funny in places, though their breakup story was a bit close for comfort to my own experience to be enjoyable to watch in places but that's not the film's fault.

A good 8/10.

Inside Out: 9.5/10

Brilliant film had me laughing and teary eyed at the same time...

Phyliss Smith who voices Sadness absolutely nailed the character she voiced. 

One of the best animations you'll see.

On 2/13/2016 at 02:53, AmericanRam said:

Just got back from watching Deadpool. Reynolds is fantastic in the lead role of Wade Wilson/Deadpool.Great story,action,etc.Some very funny lines as well.

9/10.

Of course he's fantastic he's essentially playing himself. I'll probably go and see it sometime this week. 

The Mist - TV - Horror Channel

Seen it before but thought I'd recommend it as a good Stephen King adaptation (of one of his short stories), with a strange mist full of monsters descending on a US town and the locals all trapped inside a supermarket.

Don't expect a happy ending. Seriously. Don't let that put you off either, though.

8/10

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Seen it before but thought I'd recommend it as a good Stephen King adaptation (of one of his short stories), with a strange mist full of monsters descending on a US town and the locals all trapped inside a supermarket.

Don't expect a happy ending. Seriously. Don't let that put you off either, though.

8/10

I thought it was alright, saw it a few years back. My only problem with it was I thought the ending was a little contrived and forced. Any discussion would spoil it but that was just my opinion on it. 

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

8/10

The ending is the most brilliantly depressing thing ever.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I thought it was alright, saw it a few years back. My only problem with it was I thought the ending was a little contrived and forced. Any discussion would spoil it but that was just my opinion on it. 

It might have been but with so many cavalry to the rescue tropes in films I can see a place for the subversion of them.

10 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

It might have been but with so many cavalry to the rescue tropes in films I can see a place for the subversion of them.

Oh for sure, I didn't have a complete lack of appreciation for it. Just didn't seem to fit as well as similar moments in other Stephen King works.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

The ending is the most brilliantly depressing thing ever.

Absolutely. The first time I saw it was a few years ago. Me & the first wife had seperated a few days earlier and we had a foot of snow fall that day & I couldn't get off the drive, so it added immensely to the feeling of isolation.

14 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Absolutely. The first time I saw it was a few years ago. Me & the first wife had seperated a few days earlier and we had a foot of snow fall that day & I couldn't get off the drive, so it added immensely to the feeling of isolation.

What a cracking time to watch the Mist :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Deadpool.

Best Marvel film yet. 10. Straight down my sense of humour - love the 4th wall stuff too. It's not just broken, its bulldozed.

Went last night and was laughing from the opening credits to the end of credits scene. Brilliant.