Random questions answered....

Chester40

As we are sitting about doing very little... 

Does anybody have any random questions that need answering....the more odd the better... 

The kid's and I have this one.... 

If you lost your arm... (or maybe just a finger) .. And through the glories of modern medicine you are able to replace the hand (or finger) from a live substitute, who had just accidentally sandpapered all their fingerprints off.... 

Would their old fingerprints grow back on your body ? And potentially could you have four fingers with one old set of fingerprints and one finger different? .. Could you potentially do a bank job years in the future and leave someone else's fingerprints? 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every fingerprint is different and as long as deep damage isn't done to the skin, the fingerprint will regrow. If you had a finger transplant, the fingerprint will match the original fingerprint from the original owner.

You could do a bank job in the future and leave someone else's fingerprints, but I imagine that finger transplant will be recorded, and the fingerprint 'ownership' transferred to you.

I have woken up this morning and my hand is missing - cut off at the wrist. Me and the missus have had a good look round, and we can’t find it. There are no obvious clues, and nothing else has been taken other than the tv remote control which I was probably holding and bizarrely, some sandpaper from my garden shed. 

Anyway, no matter, my question is does anybody know the telephone number for Chester Social Services?

Does the term "shed-load" originate from "enough to fill a shed" or to the act of a lorry or other cargo container "shedding it's load"

1) there are a shed-load of tools and gardening equipment in there

2) there is a shed-load of timber all over the northbound carriageway of the M1

12 minutes ago, David said:

Why is my Chemist that slow in putting a box of tablets in a bag, that slow we have to queue for an hour to get in before we can even get in ?

His/her hand is probably uncontrollably shaking. It’s that prescription for the guy who swallowed his dentures the assistant says ......

ricky gervais laughing GIF

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Should we have our car serviced during lockdown? Local garage offering to collect and deliver back to us and clean before return. I still think it's a risk.

Depends on the age, and how much you use it.

Mercedes have extended the servicing period by another 180 days, so your warranty is still valid if you don't have it serviced on time, I'd imagine it will be the same for most makes.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Should we have our car serviced during lockdown? Local garage offering to collect and deliver back to us and clean before return. I still think it's a risk.

If you have no plans to use it for a couple of days after it’s returned shouldn’t any trace of any potential virus disappeared ? ?‍♂️

56 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I have woken up this morning and my hand is missing - cut off at the wrist. Me and the missus have had a good look round, and we can’t find it. There are no obvious clues, and nothing else has been taken other than the tv remote control which I was probably holding and bizarrely, some sandpaper from my garden shed. 

Anyway, no matter, my question is does anybody know the telephone number for Chester Social Services?

This may be of some use.image.thumb.png.826dbdc4de89a9650f93054f862c8d6d.png

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

why do car wheels look like they are sometimes going the wrong way

I assume this is when you're watching something on TV - it's possible to see it in real-life but much rarer. It's only possible to see 'x' amount of frames per second (a camera record fewer frames per second than the human eye) . A slightly incomplete revolution of the wheel per frame gives the optical illusion of the wheel spinning backwards - it's your brain's way of processing what it sees. If there's exactly 1 full revolution per frame then the wheel will appear motionless.

2 hours ago, David said:

Why is my Chemist that slow in putting a box of tablets in a bag, that slow we have to queue for an hour to get in before we can even get in ?

Very true. 

I like how the first lower paid person can go to the shelf and collect it... But the chemist has to take it off them to read the label out to you. 

5 hours ago, angieram said:

If you don't use it for 2 days afterwards then it's fine...apart from the seat fabric! 

Archived