Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were never going to be anything but Tier 3.

Government is continuing to screw the country.

We as people are accepting it too easily unfortunately.

Anyway - only change i see - I can now go and play football with my mates in Tier 3. Everything else - same as usual.

They have to 100% release the criteria - why they haven't already is shambolic in itself.

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I hope they show the data/rational behind this new allocation of tier system 

According to Beeb news:

Decisions on tiers are based on public health recommendations informed by a series of public health data, including Covid-19 cases among the over-60s, positivity rates, pressure on the NHS and how quickly cases are rising or falling.

26 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

This is the first time I feel totally destroyed. We were due to go away (in the uk) on the 5th December, now although the accomodation will be open we cant go as in Tier 3.

Its only the 4th holiday i have lost now because of this. What a ducking year, totally ducking stressed because we had people on furlough meaning extra work, then was put at risk of redundancy (survied) but under more pressure at work because we lost people in our team. Need a ducking break more than anything right now...

I then feel bad because people are in worse positions than me, but not going to be too proud to admit actually had a few tears over this...

duck it....

Well bloody typical that our burist time for cinema and that might seen us through.

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

According to Beeb news:

Decisions on tiers are based on public health recommendations informed by a series of public health data, including Covid-19 cases among the over-60s, positivity rates, pressure on the NHS and how quickly cases are rising or falling.

Interesting I live in Nottingham 

- Second lowest rate of core cities

- Not even in the top 100 worst affected regions

- Infection rates dropped for 40 consecutive days

and we are in Tier 3???? 

9 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I hope they show the data/rational behind this new allocation of tier system 

Rational is that they didn't have the balls to say that the current lockdown hasn't yet had the desired effect so they needed to extend it - instead they've moved back to the tier system where over 98% of England is in tier 2 or 3. The public are being treated as idiots who they consider are too stupid to see through the bull.....

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

and we are in Tier 3???? 

Hospital capacity then?. Dunno.

I'm also in Notts with a relatively low & falling rate, so not happy either.

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Rational is that they didn't have the balls to say that the current lockdown hasn't yet had the desired effect so they needed to extend it - instead they've moved back to the tier system where over 98% of England is in tier 2 or 3. The public are being treated as idiots who they consider are too stupid to see through the bull.....

Think you’ve hit the nail on the head 

Just now, Wolfie said:

Hospital capacity then?. Dunno.

I'm also in Notts with a relatively low & falling rate, so not happy either.

Must be, all a bit odd imo 

10 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

and we are in Tier 3???? 

Give it a few days for the data to filter through with many questions on "Why am I in this" - I think the public pressure will build.

and IF a vaccine starts to be delivered soon......

The Lateral Flow tests are the Governments excuse to find people with the virus to justify their decisions. The money we are wasting now is just eye watering.

Detail here...

https://questions-statements.parliament.uk/written-statements/detail/2020-11-26/hcws608

Beeb:

In an online version of the health secretary's statement

to Parliament, the reasons for each area being place in each tier has been laid out.

For example, the document explains that Greater Manchester remains in tier three, despite improvements to its infection levels, because:

Weekly case rates remain very high, especially amongst those aged over 60, at around 260 per 100,000 people

Manchester University hospital and Pennine Acute Trust remain under significant pressure

And the document says Liverpool City Region has been moved down from tier three to tier two, because:

Continued improvement across the Liverpool city region

Case rates (including for the over 60s) are decreasing rapidly with some notable improvements in Liverpool, Knowsley and Sefton

Cases have fallen by 69% over six weeks

But case rates in over 60s remain high at 150+ per 100,000 people in all lower tier local authorities

As for the Isle of Wight, which is one of only three areas to be placed in the lowest tier, tier one, the document cites these reasons for the decision:

The case rate is low and decreasing at 71 per 100,000 and lower in over 60s at 44 per 100,000

Covid-19 pressure on the NHS in the area is low

11 minutes ago, rammieib said:

The Lateral Flow tests are the Governments excuse to find people with the virus to justify their decisions

Really? Fans of the old Politics thread will know I'm not exactly a supporter of this government, but even I can't see the logic in what you're saying there. Do you genuinely think that the lateral flow tests are purely a method by which to justify lockdowns?

At best I'd say the lateral flow tests are a crude and unreliable method by which to try and limit transmission of the virus - but better than nothing at all. Friends working in the hospital have to do them twice a week and it's helping to stop breakouts amongst staff so that the hospitals can function as best they can

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Your dedication to the Rams is inspiring, I hope you are able to get to games soon really

To hear this really upset me and now once again been ripped away but no wander london tier 2 so those bloody lot can go out for meals with there families and friends.

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

To hear this really upset me and now once again been ripped away but no wander london tier 2 so those bloody lot can go out for meals with there families and friends.

If you were watching the current shower you'd quickly be angry. Maybe the news isn't great, but at least you aren't missing seeing the team during a good spell. Couldn't buy a goal at the minute.

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

If you were watching the current shower you'd quickly be angry. Maybe the news isn't great, but at least you aren't missing seeing the team during a good spell. Couldn't buy a goal at the minute.

I really wanted to see them again even if were losing at the moment.

Making it up as they go along even 10 months in, still making nonsensical decisions with absolute ******** like the 5 day 'Christmas bubbles' whilst removing any notion of a support bubble for anyone in tier 3 until at least the 18th of December...

...although you're allowed to go and stay at your partner's house up until this upcoming Wednesday, of course, but not in another 7 days when the numbers will be lower than they are now.

5 days of mixing with 2 other households... so hmm, let's call it the equivalent of 10 'visits'

Tell you what, I'll not bother over Christmas and have 10 days in the bank to use between 02-Dec & 18-Dec instead. Seems fair to me! ?

Archived