Coronavirus

1of4

1 minute ago, Archied said:

No , you imply that , I said THIS vaccine , had others ,my children had vaccines too ,,, if we are going down the dogged route again what number close to zero in YOUR OPINION is acceptable in the question you were not as dogged in answering?????

You seem to be classifying antivaxers as solely people who question vaccination in general. Yet you've not justified why you'd question one, but not others, given the process it is going through has the same rigour as others are tested with. The time to develop the vaccine for a novel disease is fast, but the testing etc is pretty standard. 

What is 'dogging' a question exactly?

original.jpg

As to how many deaths are acceptable, this has already been answered, and it's surprising that you're struggling to get the point on this one. No number of deaths is acceptable. The point is that we should be doing what we can in our power to limit that number as much as possible, and in a way that isn't increasing deaths elsewhere. For countries like Australia, this has been achieved through control, and has been very successful. 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm asking if its true that they are paying virtually no tax.

Yes, many large countries pay virtually no tax. Example: One third of large companies in Australia paid no tax in the 2017-18 financial year, and 91 Fortune 500 companies in America paid no tax over the same period

We bicker about who should be paying more tax, but really, it's the big guns who aren't doing their fair share. The reasons for that are complicated, and what is being done is technically legal. That doesn't make it any less of an issue. 

3 minutes ago, Albert said:

Yes, many large countries pay virtually no tax. Example: One third of large companies in Australia paid no tax in the 2017-18 financial year, and 91 Fortune 500 companies in America paid no tax over the same period

We bicker about who should be paying more tax, but really, it's the big guns who aren't doing their fair share. The reasons for that are complicated, and what is being done is technically legal. That doesn't make it any less of an issue. 

What about VAT and employers national insurance and SDLT and employer pension contributions and so on and so forth...

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

What about VAT and employers national insurance and SDLT and employer pension contributions and so on and so forth...

Are you saying that you'd be happy with these being the only contributions that large companies make in the UK? That their corporate profits should simply be considered untaxable? 

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

Are you saying that you'd be happy with these being the only contributions that large companies make in the UK? That their corporate profits should simply be considered untaxable? 

No, I'm asking for you to back up your statement that large companies pay virtually no tax.

Quite noticeable how there are some on here endlessly calling out @Albert if he's off-thread for even a few hours, then wailing about being labelled granny killers and conspiracy nuts when he ventures back on to offer a reasoned argument. And this despite the fact that he's never used those terms. 

Albert you should be charging mate - therapy doesn't come cheap after all!

3 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Quite noticeable how there are some on here endlessly calling out @Albert if he's off-thread for even a few hours, then wailing about being labelled granny killers and conspiracy nuts when he ventures back on to offer a reasoned argument. And this despite the fact that he's never used those terms. 

Albert you should be charging mate - therapy doesn't come cheap after all!

I agree, its poor when people accuse posters of saying something that they've never said and then fail to provide evidence when pulled up on it.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Wonder if the likes of Eddie and others would think it may be worth pensioners with very good bank balance ,large property equity, very good pensions look at being taxed or voluntarily putting chunk of it back into the pot to help those keeping them safe who are losing they’re business s, possibly losing they’re homes , or the young losing they’re futures , perhaps not , perhaps those struggling to see it totaly the Albert ,Eddie and others way are just selfish drunks desperate to get in the pub?????,

before the guff , it’s a valid question, what are those being protected and demanding to be protected from the selfish prepared to put back in if able?

I help out where and when I can. At the moment, that really just amounts to buying a few extra food items, putting them on one side and donating them weekly to the local community help group, making the odd donation/contribution to causes that I support - that sort of thing. It's not a lot, and you are probably right, I could probably do a lot more, and when this crisis eventually is behind us, I resolve to do an awful lot more while I still have my health.

It has to be a personal decision. I did originally list the charities and groups I support higher up in this post, but that could possibly be construed as portraying a 'holier than thou' attitude. It's not meant to be.

1 hour ago, Albert said:

You seem to be classifying antivaxers as solely people who question vaccination in general. Yet you've not justified why you'd question one, but not others, given the process it is going through has the same rigour as others are tested with. The time to develop the vaccine for a novel disease is fast, but the testing etc is pretty standard. 

What is 'dogging' a question exactly?

original.jpg

As to how many deaths are acceptable, this has already been answered, and it's surprising that you're struggling to get the point on this one. No number of deaths is acceptable. The point is that we should be doing what we can in our power to limit that number as much as possible, and in a way that isn't increasing deaths elsewhere. For countries like Australia, this has been achieved through control, and has been very successful. 

Nope your classifying what anti vaxing is , it is my choice whether to have this vaccine ( at this point?) or any other vaccine or medication come to that , you are then trying to force me to post what you consider antivax content,,not happening ,

question not answered , you stated in your opinion cases should be close to zero before we can / should return to normal , what in your opinion is that number ? Simple question 

6 minutes ago, Archied said:

Nope your classifying what anti vaxing is , it is my choice whether to have this vaccine ( at this point?) or any other vaccine or medication come to that , you are then trying to force me to post what you consider antivax content,,not happening ,

anti-vaxxer

/antɪˈvaksə/

noun

INFORMAL

noun: antivaxxer

a person who is opposed to vaccination, typically a parent who does not wish to vaccinate their child.

"experts say several diseases that are avoidable are making a comeback due to anti-vaxxers who refuse to vaccinate their kids"

Are you planning on having the Coronavirus, or are you opposed to it?

46 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I help out where and when I can. At the moment, that really just amounts to buying a few extra food items, putting them on one side and donating them weekly to the local community help group, making the odd donation/contribution to causes that I support - that sort of thing. It's not a lot, and you are probably right, I could probably do a lot more, and when this crisis eventually is behind us, I resolve to do an awful lot more while I still have my health.

It has to be a personal decision. I did originally list the charities and groups I support higher up in this post, but that could possibly be construed as portraying a 'holier than thou' attitude. It's not meant to be.

Eddie you need to make your mind up , either call what I say tripe and put me on ignore or engage warts an all ,if it’s the later we will both hear things we don’t particularly want to hear ,rather like 86 smokes caught out posting made up rubbish not putting his hands up ,resorting to insults and flouncing off, or a couple of others when pressed accuse of trolling ,,, I’m 60 years old hard working Derby fan with kids to look out for ,I have not the slightest interest in trolling ( never heard of it until I came on here) I’m here to read and talk Derby content which has also turned into other subjects as they are here and I like everybody else am affected and have a view ,

I strongly disagree that it has to be a personal decision as you state ,,,,, there is no personal decision for those under pension age who NEED to work how much if anything they have to give , give up and lose to keep others safe ( and themselves safe if they feel at risk)

11 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

anti-vaxxer

/antɪˈvaksə/

noun

INFORMAL

noun: antivaxxer

a person who is opposed to vaccination, typically a parent who does not wish to vaccinate their child.

"experts say several diseases that are avoidable are making a comeback due to anti-vaxxers who refuse to vaccinate their kids"

Are you planning on having the Coronavirus, or are you opposed to it?

To vaccination ,,, think that means vaccination as a concept and across the board , 

lets get this clear 

I DO NOT think there is any microchip in this or any vaccine ( yet again in your earlier post extremes used just like flat earth guff )

I AM NOT anti vax across the board , have had them ,my children have had them

I AM NOT anti this ( these ) vaccine , if people want them crack on 

I WILL NOT be having this( these ) vaccines unless / until mandated or my opinion is such I’m comfortable to

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

To vaccination ,,, think that means vaccination as a concept and across the board , 

lets get this clear 

I DO NOT think there is any microchip in this or any vaccine ( yet again in your earlier post extremes used just like flat earth guff )

I AM NOT anti vax across the board , have had them ,my children have had them

I AM NOT anti this ( these ) vaccine , if people want them crack on 

I WILL NOT be having this( these ) vaccines unless / until mandated or my opinion is such I’m comfortable to

What needs to happen to make you feel comfortable to take it? 

Archived