Coronavirus

1of4

2 hours ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Is this the same medical profession who thought it was a fantastic idea to provide electric shock therapy to patients. Excuse me if I don't have 100% confidence in them. 

you do know ECT can actually be very effective in patients with very serious depression right? 

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

On what basis are you claiming the underlying health conditions are what is primarily to blame for people's deaths? Are you a doctor? A virologist? A pathologist?  I'm just thankful the overall trend of the thread is listening to those who are experts. 

He's in the video 2 posts above yours! 

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There are some proper crackpots on here, duck me.

Just watch the press conference going on now. Who in their right mind would think this is made up?

Gets me down just reading it. Its the 'i know better' attitude from some people that will make this harder to fight.

Sith Happens
39 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Ffs!

I think they will be ok, it says animals arent at threat from coronavirus.

47 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

The  numbers are fairly meaningless, though, as they only count those tested / in hospital. All those showing mild symptoms and self-isolating won't be tested or counted.

Are they meaningless? I’d interpret it as the number of serious cases as you’re unlikely to have someone badly suffering and not going to hospital. We‘ll never know the total number of people who have it, but it’s likely the percentage of people in a serious condition will be fairly consistent across the globe. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Without jumping to Smiths Tavrn to enthusiastically as I fundamentally disagree with many of his points but, has anyone actually said that these unfortunate people would have survived if it wasn't for CV? Would they have survived if they'd caught seasonal flu? Genuine question, not meant to be controversial (but I'll put my hard hat on just in case), it's just that I don't remember reading it anywhere. 

I suppose it depends on how you're defining "survive". I mean, in a way the simple act of being alive is an "underlying health condition" as our body ages and bits start to fail through wear and tear.

100% of non-smokers die too

Really, really like Chris Witty and Sir Patrick Vallance. Two people possessing frightening intellectual capacity, whilst retaining an ability to explain these extremely complex measures clearly and succinctly, without waffling or avoiding any questions.

Makes me proud that they represent our country. Even Boris isn’t coming across too badly.

3 hours ago, smiths_tavrn said:

Is this the same medical profession who thought it was a fantastic idea to provide electric shock therapy to patients. Excuse me if I don't have 100% confidence in them. 

ECT was something that certain professionals in the mental health field espoused for a brief period in time. 

the study of the spread of infectious diseases is a science that has developed over around 200 years and been followed and universally acted upon by 99% of  medical professionals across the globe

9 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

I suppose it depends on how you're defining "survive". I mean, in a way the simple act of being alive is an "underlying health condition" as our body ages and bits start to fail through wear and tear.

100% of non-smokers die too

That AIDS isn't too bad either, people always die of something else. AIDS/HIV don't kill. 

Today the government announced that it was recommending, that the public avoid going to pubs clubs and restaurants. All commendable to stop groups of people gatherings in confined spaces. Strange that the government are still encouraging groups of many hundreds to gather together in one place. Are schools immune to the coronavirus? 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

I got told today that I had to stay away from work and self isolate for a minimum of 14 days as I had just returned from Mexico....my garden is going to look spectacular this summer...

I think they were looking for any excuse to get rid of you for a couple weeks to be honest.

Archived