Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Interesting ?

More interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/15/weird-hell-professor-advent-calendar-covid-19-symptoms-paul-garner

As more information becomes available, the government’s Covid model seems increasingly out of date. Many Covid patients do not develop a fever and cough. Instead they get muscle ache, a sore throat and headache. The app has tracked 15 different types of symptoms, together with a distinct pattern of “waxing and waning”. “I’ve studied 100 diseases. Covid is the strangest one I have seen in my medical career,” Spector says.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Also there are deaths being attributed to corona without testing and just on having one of Any number of symptoms,lack of medical attention to residents in care homes through this has been an issue ,,, the figures are a total mess , not ness putting all the blame for this on the gov but it really needs looking at properly 

But they are the ones that should be weeded out by looking at all cause mortality death rates as they would be the deaths that would be expected in a normal year.

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

and, just to cloud the figures even more, this year may have been a particularly good or bad year any way.

Whilst I know an average (probably last five years) will be used, the attached chart shows that there was a variance of 64,000 between years just seven years apart (2011 - 2018). If my reading of this data is correct, the number of deaths in 2015 was 40k higher than the average for the previous five years. Even 2018 looks like 16,000 higher than the previous five year average.

image.png.cda61f7ce540c6ce43176f90949cc87f.png

What happened in 2000-2003?

5 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

and, just to cloud the figures even more, this year may have been a particularly good or bad year any way.

Whilst I know an average (probably last five years) will be used, the attached chart shows that there was a variance of 64,000 between years just seven years apart (2011 - 2018). If my reading of this data is correct, the number of deaths in 2015 was 40k higher than the average for the previous five years. Even 2018 looks like 16,000 higher than the previous five year average.

image.png.cda61f7ce540c6ce43176f90949cc87f.png

If we take the average number of weekly deaths so far this year, it could be argued that 2020 would have something like 685,000, which would be by some margin the highest figure this century. However, if we take the average number of deaths from when the pandemic really took off (end of March) and extrapolate those figures until the end of the year, then we would arrive at a figure of around 900,000.

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Is that people getting better rate

I think it’s hard to put a figure on it because there are a lot of people who don’t show symptoms therefore don’t know they have had anything. If you look at the fatality rate it is around 1% or less so you could say 99% recover. Just my guess though.

47 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

I have absolutely no idea

That's you and every person who as stood behind the central lectern in Downing Street during the daily coronavirus briefing.

Archived