Coronavirus

1of4

15 minutes ago, sage said:

You can. As long as you stay at least 2 metres from them. 

Only one of them at once.  That’s how daft this info is.  If you bump into them in the street you’re ok, if you plan it you can only meet one.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Only one of them at once.  That’s how daft this info is.  If you bump into them in the street you’re ok, if you plan it you can only meet one.

Are you sure? They count as a collective group and the son is another, As I understand it. Or not.  

17 minutes ago, sage said:

Are you sure. They count as a collective group and the son is another, As I understand it. Or not.  

@Boycie is correct. According to the regulations one person may meet up with ONE person from another household provided it’s outdoors and you remain two metres apart.

This is a cut and paste from the government’s own FAQ’s

You can meet one other person from outside your household if you are outdoors. Public gatherings of more than 2 people from different households are prohibited in law. There are no limits on gatherings in the park with members of your household.

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

It is an awkward one and, I guess, designed to make it slightly easier to police in public as any group of more than two people need to be from the same household. 

You only need to be outdoors so, your back garden is OK which, is pretty much impossible to police unless a neighbour reports you.

27 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

@Boycie is correct. According to the regulations one person may meet up with ONE person from another household provided it’s outdoors and you remain two metres apart.

You can meet one other person from outside your household if you are outdoors. Public gatherings of more than 2 people from different households are prohibited in law. There are no limits on gatherings in the park with members of your household.

Public gatherings.

I very, very much doubt that plod is going to be putting his woo-woos on if you take the grandkids round to see grandma and sit apart in the garden for a cuppa.

Use our brains a bit and we'll be fine.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

You do know in the USA they would have just fired you.

In Germany you’d be getting 60%. In fact the UK has been the highest guarantee of salary anywhere in the world (that I have read). Where is the thanks for this?

Either way B4 - stay patient - that’s seven weeks away. I’m sure they will release more details in the next week or so. By law if a company makes you redundant there is a minimum timescale to serve notice - i can’t remember exactly what this is but rest assured if the scheme is to be extended they will provide these details with good notice.

I know it sucks B4 but you’re actually in a decent situation as it’s an industry with a clear open/close position.

Wrong. France 84% of net salary i believe. Chomage partiel as it is called allows staff to be rotated and has been in place for years. They did not need to come up with a scheme to protect workers.

Just now, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Wrong. France 84% of net salary i believe. Chomage partiel as it is called allows staff to be rotated and has been in place for years. They did not need to come up with a scheme to protect workers.

The people I feel most sorry for are our' minimum wage heroes'. Or those on zero hour contracts who aren't covered by furlough and can have work cancelled with no redundancy entitlement as there better known.

7 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

https://www.french-property.com/news/french_business/covid_19_employees_wage_support/

yep - 70% bit they don’t pay a particular tax which means you end up with 84%. I didn’t know about the non deductible tax - that’s a nice little amount and an incredible scheme. Yet the country ore Covid still had 11% unemployment. 

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

You do know in the USA they would have just fired you.

In Germany you’d be getting 60%. In fact the UK has been the highest guarantee of salary anywhere in the world (that I have read). Where is the thanks for this?

Either way B4 - stay patient - that’s seven weeks away. I’m sure they will release more details in the next week or so. By law if a company makes you redundant there is a minimum timescale to serve notice - i can’t remember exactly what this is but rest assured if the scheme is to be extended they will provide these details with good notice.

I know it sucks B4 but you’re actually in a decent situation as it’s an industry with a clear open/close position.

But for me

They have already cost some people there job already so I think companies still close they caused this so they stick to there word.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Well I suppose if we follow a clown we shouldn't be surprised if we end up at the circus.

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

One day, you will realise that my assessment of the intelligence of the human race in general is entirely justified.

Take the average person, then appreciate that 50% of the population are thicker than that.

We have a very popular saying around here Fólk er fífl = people are fools

Oh, the irony

I'm not sure if everyone would agree or not, but I think population density is a factor in the spread of the disease.

So a quick stat that I found quite interesting:-

UK population density 727 per sq km - 32k deaths

Italy population density 206 per sq km - 30k deaths

France population density 117 per sq km - 26k deaths

Spain population density 91 per sq km - 26k deaths

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not sure if everyone would agree or not, but I think population density is a factor in the spread of the disease.

Singapore and South Korea?

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I agree but the arguement can only be stretched to a point. Honk Kong for instance have very low numbers and the density there is off the scale. On the other hand one county in France Lozere has had one death only but density is very low. In othe words several factors come into play it seems, obesity ( US and UK), ICU beds (Germany), PPE, social security cover (US), government actions (NZ closed their borders)

1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Singapore and South Korea?

Singapore 8358

South Korea 502

Their success has been put down to testing, so I did a bit of research on testing:-

Singapore 30k tests per 1m

South Korea 13k tests per 1m

USA 29k tests per 1m 

Germany 32k tests per 1m

Italy 43k tests per 1m

Spain 52k tests per 1m

UK 28k tests per 1m

France 21k tests per 1m

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Singapore 8358

South Korea 502

Their success has been put down to testing, so I did a bit of research on testing:-

USA 29k tests per 1m 

Germany 32k tests per 1m

Italy 43k tests per 1m

Spain 52k tests per 1m

UK 28k tests per 1m

France 21k tests per 1m

South Korea’s testing was effective at identifying infected early on and prevented the spread. 

In the UK and most other countries, Covid spread before any meaningful number of tests were being carried out.

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

But for me

They have already cost some people there job already so I think companies still close they caused this so they stick to there word.

The Government hasn’t cost anyone their job. This horrible virus has.

Stay strong B4, you can’t control anything so do your best not to worry mate.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Singapore 8358

South Korea 502

USA 29k tests per 1m 

Germany 32k tests per 1m

Italy 43k tests per 1m

Spain 52k tests per 1m

UK 28k tests per 1m

France 21k tests per 1m

The UK abandoned test and trace very early on. The countries who kept a lid on the infection somewhat did not. It's not a case of how many, but when. 

Once more, Britain is the 'sick man of Europe'.

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Singapore 8358

South Korea 502

USA 29k tests per 1m 

Germany 32k tests per 1m

Italy 43k tests per 1m

Spain 52k tests per 1m

UK 28k tests per 1m

France 21k tests per 1m

Not sure that your numbers are correct.

As of 29 April, the UK had carried out 8.83 tests per 1,000 people, whereas Italy had done 31.6 per 1,000, Germany 30.4 (as at 26 April) and South Korea 11.98, according to data collated by online scientific publication Our World in Data from official sources.

Archived