u19's v Borussia Dortmund U19 (H)

Bubbles

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a very even first half, we opened them up at will at times in the second, great performance against a handy opposition. I thought Cashin was very good, Ebosele is so pacey and strong in the right back position. Sibley in the second half found plenty of pockets of space and created plenty of opportunities. Looked a class above this level. Whittaker put in some great set pieces, sprayed the ball around nicely, good game from him. 

Teams currently confirmed to be in the last 16:

Liverpool, Inter, Benfica, Ajax, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Atalanta, Juventus, Derby County

Not the worst company ?

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Who was the defender who called the goalies freekick the moment it was kicked and fired a header right at Tyree Wilson? That was a flex.

It was Cashin, according to commentary watching a clip on twitter. What a game that lad had. MOTM for sure.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Liverpool, Inter, Benfica, Ajax, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Atalanta, Juventus, Derby County

Not the worst company ?

Surprise Barca aren't there , did they get knocked out in this round or the groups? Or are they even in the competition? Would take Real Madrid or Bayern next round to see how our players compare to the best of the best,  not sure who the favourites are for the competition TBH as I don't really follow youth football much but would assume Madrid would have a very good youth team.

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

Surprise Barca aren't there , did they get knocked out in this round or the groups? Or are they even in the competition? Would take Real Madrid or Bayern next round to see how our players compare to the best of the best,  not sure who the favourites are for the competition TBH as I don't really follow youth football much but would assume Madrid would have a very good youth team.

Gotta assume Ajax have an incredible academy with the players they push through consistently.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Biggest day in Derby Countys academy perhaps?

I'd say so. 

There's a chance it could be the Last 16 fixture even if we lose with some of the names there, but I think every step in this competition should be at the top of that particular tree.

Exceedingly difficult for a non-Champions League first team club to get into this competition in the first place. Let alone progress.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Not the worst company ?

To be joined by tomorow's winners:

Midtjylland vs Lille
Rangers vs Atl Madrid
Dynamo Kyiv vs Dinamo Zagreb
Porto vs RB Salzburg
Sheriff vs Crvena Zvezda
Rennes vs Brugge
Zaragoza vs Lyon

The draw for the next knock-out round will be on Friday. I believe we could face any of the other 15 teams (no restriction based on qualification route or geography). This will also be a single legged tie.

2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Barca finished bottom of Dortmund's group.

Porto and Chelsea have historically had the best teams in this tournament.

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Barca finished bottom of the group that Borussia Dortmund finished 2nd in ??

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Gotta assume Ajax have an incredible academy with the players they push through consistently.

I thought that as well, hard to tell though as they may promote their best players quickly to a higher age group or the first team and then not play them in these competitions.

Archived