Northampton tribute tomorrow

Rammy100

Have seen a bit on Twitter than Northampton fans are planning a minutes applause in the 19th minute in honour/to raise awareness for Harry Dunn. 

Have seen this on the news quite a lot, it’s the story of the American diplomats wife who drove on the wrong side of the road killing Harry who was on his moped. She then promptly buggered off to the USA under ‘diplomatic immunity’ and there’s confusion as to whether this really covers her. Harry was a season ticket holder at Northampton and his family will be at the game tomorrow.

Looks as if the Northampton fans will be singing ‘Justice for Harry’ alongside it as the UK government/police want her back to face justice (which Trump doesn’t seem to be aiding with having seen his press conferences about it). 

Would be great if the travelling Rams could join in I think

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Followed by a nice chorus of;

Donald is a banker 

He should wear a ducking hat

He is a ginger birstard

And a racist t%$t

When it comes to corruption

He is the leader of them all

And A free kick from Rooney 

Would beat his ducking wall

Was he in the car?

I saw a bit on BBC Breakfast TV this morning regarding this terrible news, and the few near misses with other diplomats, that have been making the same mistakes since.

Reading this article, the diplomats are all going to get some training, but will it help, another accident waiting to happen.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/harry-dunn-parents-felt-immediately-3760572

Would it not be easier, cheaper and safer to give them all a local driver which know the roads and which side to drive on, or is that just common sense, which seemed to go out of fashion, not long after Derby County were Champions of England.

13 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

It would be a fine gesture of solidarity between the two sets of fans for a deserving cause, that cow hiding behind the diplomatic immunity is an outrage. 

It is an outrage and if she had even had a look at the British legal system she would have known that she would have only been given a suspended sentence and could have returned to the USA but she probably thought she would get something like the American legal system with a minimum 30 years to actually serve.

all very sad 

29 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I saw a bit on BBC Breakfast TV this morning regarding this terrible news, and the few near misses with other diplomats, that have been making the same mistakes since.

Reading this article, the diplomats are all going to get some training, but will it help, another accident waiting to happen.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/harry-dunn-parents-felt-immediately-3760572

Would it not be easier, cheaper and safer to give them all a local driver which know the roads and which side to drive on, or is that just common sense, which seemed to go out of fashion, not long after Derby County were Champions of England.

You don't need training to drive on the right side of the road. If they can't do it without training they should have their licences taken off them. 

11 hours ago, BriggRam said:

I really hope the Dunn family all the best and that they get the justice they deserve for their son....but.... the Americans have basically said she’ll never be extradited 

So if we have any balls, the next time they ask us to extradite someone we tell them to do one. They’re out of order on every level - particularly the woman who committed the offence. It sounds like it was just an awful accident and it probably would result in a suspended sentence but to basically protect someone who escaped from the law is just plain wrong. So much for our ‘special’ relationship with the Americans. 

i hope it gets decent air time during the match. 

33 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

So if we have any balls, the next time they ask us to extradite someone we tell them to do one. They’re out of order on every level - particularly the woman who committed the offence. It sounds like it was just an awful accident and it probably would result in a suspended sentence but to basically protect someone who escaped from the law is just plain wrong. So much for our ‘special’ relationship with the Americans. 

i hope it gets decent air time during the match. 

I totally agree mate it’s wrong on every level......the subject was on GMB this morning and the Americans have refused to extradite her......something else was mentioned which I had a suspicion would be a factor was the case of the British hacker they wanted to extradite, he had autism I think so after years trying to get him it was refused on medical grounds I’m sure the Americans would have this in mind when looking at our extradition attempts for one of their own....politics what a load of ********

11 hours ago, BriggRam said:

I really hope the Dunn family all the best and that they get the justice they deserve for their son....but.... the Americans have basically said she’ll never be extradited 

The US never extradites their citizens anywhere. They see it as a matter of national principle. So in this case Trump is not acting out of line but merely following long established practice.

I don't understand why there should be diplomatic immunity anyway, but there you go.  

10 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The US never extradites their citizens anywhere. They see it as a matter of national principle. So in this case Trump is not acting out of line but merely following long established practice.

I don't understand why there should be diplomatic immunity anyway, but there you go.  

Very true mate.....glad you said that before the anti Trump brigade started.....

1 minute ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Can’t be doing with politics and football in the same mix but that’s just my opinion.

Surely you meant to say justice and football?

You'd need to close your eyes pretty damn tight not see how much politics there is in football and other sports.

7 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Can’t be doing with politics and football in the same mix but that’s just my opinion.

Ya right fella, this thread is about a lad that was killed and football fans coming together to honour him and get justice......politics is going to deny him that....i hope as football fans not politicians the whole crowd tonight clap in memory of the lad 

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I think the reason Diplomatic immunity was set up was a good one - A bit like Iran arresting our guy a couple of weeks ago on a trumped up charge. It is to stop countries targetting diplomats during disputes - but it has since become seriously abused and is in need of updating

Archived