Northampton tribute tomorrow

Rammy100

2 minutes ago, Dethorn said:

I think the reason Diplomatic immunity was set up was a good one - A bit like Iran arresting our guy a couple of weeks ago on a trumped up charge. It is to stop countries targetting diplomats during disputes - but it has since become seriously abused and is in need of updating

This is the issue....and as pointed out by someone on the news this morning other not so reasonable countries could try and exploit it once you’ve given it to another country

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'm not sure we're the club to call others driving dangerous, tbf.

It's not the club though is it? It's the fans. Even if it was the club it wasn't the entity that was caught drink driving (I assume that's what you're alluding to).

If I was at the game I'd join in without any feeling of hypocrisy. I wasn't caught drink driving and even the players involved faced the legal consequences. 

1 hour ago, BriggRam said:

Ya right fella, this thread is about a lad that was killed and football fans coming together to honour him and get justice......politics is going to deny him that....i hope as football fans not politicians the whole crowd tonight clap in memory of the lad 

Thanks for pointing that out but I did read the whole story when it happened.Total sympathy for the lad and his family and agree with the minute’s applause suggestion.My point was and is directed towards the introduction of American politics and their leadership which shouldn’t be relevant on a football forum but that’s just my opinion fella!

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It's not the club though is it? It's the fans. Even if it was the club it wasn't the entity that was caught drink driving (I assume that's what you're alluding to).

If I was at the game I'd join in without any feeling of hypocrisy. I wasn't caught drink driving and even the players involved faced the legal consequences. 

With respect, I think you're overthinking my intentions.

I hope our lot do join in, I really do, in the same way that I'd be really touched were the shoe on the other foot and the Northampton fans showed solidarity and support if we'd lost one of ours they way they have.

I don't see this as a political issue in any case. This woman has not invoked diplomatic immunity for political reasons, she's done it to avoid answering for her actions. It's doubtful there will be any real benefit other than hopefully to lift the spirits of the lad's family. What else is there to consider?

20 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Followed by a nice chorus of;

Donald is a banker 

He should wear a ducking hat

He is a ginger birstard

And a racist t%$t

When it comes to corruption

He is the leader of them all

And A free kick from Rooney 

Would beat his ducking wall

Using a young man's tragic death to score a political point? Great idea that.

8 hours ago, Dethorn said:

I think the reason Diplomatic immunity was set up was a good one - A bit like Iran arresting our guy a couple of weeks ago on a trumped up charge. It is to stop countries targetting diplomats during disputes - but it has since become seriously abused and is in need of updating

Thanks mate - interesting insight.

Archived