Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

No doubt we’ll sign him thinking he’s a winger and he’ll turn out to be a number 10 that we all get frustrated with and then defend him by telling ourselves he’s playing out of position. It’s the Derby way 

The good news is that every clip and match I've been able to watch involving him shows that he is a quintessential winger. He likes to play on the outside. My first thought was that he would probably do really well in a Bielsa setup. He looks to graft defensively as much as anyone. 

57 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The good news is that every clip and match I've been able to watch involving him shows that he is a quintessential winger. He likes to play on the outside. My first thought was that he would probably do really well in a Bielsa setup. He looks to graft defensively as much as anyone. 

Fear not, we'll find a way to make him the next Josephzoon

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Fear not, we'll find a way to make him the next Josephzoon

Makes you wonder what would've happened to Jozefzoon if he had gone to Leeds instead of coming here. I know they wanted him really badly to the point the chairman threw his phone at the wall when he found out he wasn't going to Leeds. 

I'd say that's a decision that will plague Jozefzoon until the day he croaks. The move to Derby has been nothing short of a shitshow for him - the poor bloke can't even get a squad number now. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Makes you wonder what would've happened to Jozefzoon if he had gone to Leeds instead of coming here. I know they wanted him really badly to the point the chairman threw his phone at the wall when he found out he wasn't going to Leeds. 

I'd say that's a decision that will plague Jozefzoon until the day he croaks. The move to Derby has been nothing short of a shitshow for him - the poor bloke can't even get a squad number now. 

he threw his phone at the wall, thank god it wasn't his binoculars 

I can understand why lots are fans have already spent the probable £10m income from the sales of Lowe and Bogle, but don't forget there are furloughed staff still hoping to come back, the money owed to players who took a wage cut for this six month period, plus no season ticket income. 

Do take a look at what business Cocu has been able to do in his first year here. He probably rubber-stamped the Rooney arrival, obviously Mike te Wierik and David Marshall on frees and now the return of Clarke on loan and that is it. No January signings came, there were no replacement loans for the two sent back. Of all the clubs in the Championship, Derby were/are the lowest spenders by a looooooong way. Money spent on transfers so far by Cocu = zero, zilch. Not even the money we got for the Lampard transfer got spent on players.

The clear-out of wage drainers has continued: Keogh, Anya, Carson, Martin, Malone and Huddlestone. Bogle was possibly on a wage similar to what a lot of readers here are on. Bennett also gone for a nominal fee. Eight players and wages less.

If the [desperately-needed] new arrivals only come here as loans or free transfers don't become suicidal, it's time to smell the coffee. Add up the players moved on and what scraps Cocu has to work with, and it's again unlikely to end in a play-off position this season.

Marriott and Jozefzoon should really be the two players we already have that we are desperately looking for, those missing parts. It's up to those two to stand up and want to be the players we want them to be. 

3 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

I can understand why lots are fans have already spent the probable £10m income from the sales of Lowe and Bogle, but don't forget there are furloughed staff still hoping to come back, the money owed to players who took a wage cut for this six month period, plus no season ticket income. 

Do take a look at what business Cocu has been able to do in his first year here. He probably rubber-stamped the Rooney arrival, obviously Mike te Wierik and David Marshall on frees and now the return of Clarke on loan and that is it. No January signings came, there were no replacement loans for the two sent back. Of all the clubs in the Championship, Derby were/are the lowest spenders by a looooooong way. Money spent on transfers so far by Cocu = zero, zilch. Not even the money we got for the Lampard transfer got spent on players.

The clear-out of wage drainers has continued: Keogh, Anya, Carson, Martin, Malone and Huddlestone. Bogle was possibly on a wage similar to what a lot of readers here are on. Bennett also gone for a nominal fee. Eight players and wages less.

If the [desperately-needed] new arrivals only come here as loans or free transfers don't become suicidal, it's time to smell the coffee. Add up the players moved on and what scraps Cocu has to work with, and it's again unlikely to end in a play-off position this season.

Marriott and Jozefzoon should really be the two players we already have that we are desperately looking for, those missing parts. It's up to those two to stand up and want to be the players we want them to be. 

We spent 7 million on Beilik last summer so hardly spent nothing, and replaced the wages of Mount and Wilson with the wages of Paterson and Dowell for the first half of the season. Also the fee is rumoured to be 15mill so you would hope we would at least spend 10mill out of that if we have aspirations of leaving this league which is what we need to make profit and keep our good players. 

13 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

We spent 7 million on Beilik last summer so hardly spent nothing, and replaced the wages of Mount and Wilson with the wages of Paterson and Dowell for the first half of the season. Also the fee is rumoured to be 15mill so you would hope we would at least spend 10mill out of that if we have aspirations of leaving this league which is what we need to make profit and keep our good players. 

Thing is, the last time we did that, we ended up with Malone, Jozefzoon, Marriott and Waghorn.

I really don’t think it would be wise of us to spend £10 million on players when the club is losing money at eye watering rates and when we can’t be confident in the recruitment team to identify quality additions.

Jozwiak, as an example, is a complete unknown. Yes, he is a Polish international and he looks to have everything we need on paper, but with our luck, he’ll be Andi Weimann 2.0 and not the one who scored for fun at Bristol City.

I still think we are going to be looking at loans and free/nominal transfers primarily, and with our track record, that’s probably good.

22 minutes ago, Macintosh said:

He has spent very little bit you’re forgetting up to £10m spent on Bielik?

2 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Thing is, the last time we did that, we ended up with Malone, Jozefzoon, Marriott and Waghorn.

I really don’t think it would be wise of us to spend £10 million on players when the club is losing money at eye watering rates and when we can’t be confident in the recruitment team to identify quality additions.

Jozwiak, as an example, is a complete unknown. Yes, he is a Polish international and he looks to have everything we need on paper, but with our luck, he’ll be Andi Weimann 2.0 and not the one who scored for fun at Bristol City.

I still think we are going to be looking at loans and free/nominal transfers primarily, and with our track record, that’s probably good.

That’s such a pessimistic way to look at it, the poo we bought in the past has nothing to do with Cocu so why should he have to feed of scraps. The team is seriously lacking attacking quality so we need to take risks and spend money on good attackers, may not work but there is more chance of getting good players for decent fees than trying to recruit on a very small budget. If we don't take risks we won't achieve anything, I'd rather take chances. 

8 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

That’s such a pessimistic way to look at it, the poo we bought in the past has nothing to do with Cocu so why should he have to feed of scraps. The team is seriously lacking attacking quality so we need to take risks and spend money on good attackers, may not work but there is more chance of getting good players for decent fees than trying to recruit on a very small budget. If we don't take risks we won't achieve anything, I'd rather take chances. 

Not entirely sure that's true at this level. Spending lavishly on so-called proven commodities in this league is more likely to get you in trouble than not. You're better reducing your outlay and just taking more of those punts. More likely to hit a bullseye with more darts to throw at the board.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not entirely sure that's true at this level. Spending lavishly on so-called proven commodities in this league is more likely to get you in trouble than not. You're better reducing your outlay and just taking more of those punts. More likely to hit a bullseye with more darts to throw at the board.

I get what you mean to an extent, but you can't sign a load of players and hope some come good it's not good for team morale or team chemistry. For positions like fullback you don't need to spend much so I wouldn't expect us to spend big there, we could also get a good winger to go with Jozwiak for cheap or on a loan but to get a good striker in we will have to spend a decent amount of money maybe 5 or 6mill worth which we should easily have. 

Archived