Kamil Jóźwiak - Signed 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

29 minutes ago, inter politics said:

https://weszlo.com/2020/09/03/jozwiak-o-krok-od-transferu-ponadto-kolejorz-poluje-na-rekord-ekstraklasy/

This article written by a Poznan journalist (nearly 15K followers) expects the deal to happen but is held up due to him being in international camp

The same journalist:

'I have heard from several sources that it is very, very close.'

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, inter politics said:

The same journalist:

'I have heard from several sources that it is very, very close.'

A little more detail for those not fluent in Polish or living in the 1990s without Google Translate:

"Were it not for the trip to the team camp, the transfer would probably be completed now. But due to quite strict regulations regarding the isolation of players during the training camp, the transfer cannot take place during the departure for the squad. But what is delayed does not run away. All interested parties are actually agreed, it remains to work out the details and sign. From what we hear - the footballer is interested in such a move, and Lech is not going to hold him any longer.

"All interested parties are actually agreed, it remains to work out the details and sign. From what we hear - the footballer is interested in such a move, and Lech is not going to hold him any longer ... Derby wants to play offensively, but needs real reinforcements in several positions. And it's like this "for now". Jóźwiak is intended for the game - it is not supposed to undergo any annual acclimatization or loan to the lower leagues. On the spot - like Gumny in Augsburg - he will meet a Pole in the team. And even his good friend from Lech's youth teams - it's about Krystian Bielik, of course."

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

The thing I find weird is that nobody this side of the channel has any idea - all our information is coming out of Poland.

I can't quite decide if that means that this is a good thing, or whether the folks in Poland are doing the agent talk.

Could just mean that Polish journos do their jobs and have contacts within Lech; whereas its becoming clear bloody nobody has any contacts within Derby ? 

Pretty sure someone just gives Jon Percy a call when we want something to be out in the news.

I really want to believe it, I really do. Just struggling on 2 main points. 

- Not convinced we have any money

- Recent transfers have showed if we are signing someone we don’t hear about it til just before and this has been rumbling on forever

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

- Recent transfers have showed if we are signing someone we don’t hear about it til just before and this has been rumbling on forever

Good point on both. 

We thought we didn't have money last year, Beilik was signed for very decent money. Between the savings from wages and probably what we got for Bennett and Malone we probably have enough for the 'up front' payment. 

Things are silent this side, UK media is denying any link. Sometimes you can't control the selling party's media. 

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Could just mean that Polish journos do their jobs and have contacts within Lech; whereas its becoming clear bloody nobody has any contacts within Derby ? 

Pretty sure someone just gives Jon Percy a call when we want something to be out in the news.

Kinda enjoying that we've become tighter than a duck's poochute when it comes to transfers. Means the rumours that come out tend to be pretty much concrete.

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Kinda enjoying that we've become tighter than a duck's poochute when it comes to transfers. Means the rumours that come out tend to be pretty much concrete.

This one will be a bit of an acid test. If this does somehow happen, it will tell you that it's all been leaked their side and our we are so tight our side we squeak when we walk.

So we have a transfer that is going to take time because of restrictions based around his international side. This could take days to sort and we want our press, TO WRITE PUBLIC ARTICLES, that it’s close but not signed?

Come on think about it, or is it another chance to beat the old Nicholson drum?

Let's be honest, Steve doesn't have a clue what's going on so we shouldn't criticise him as if he does. I find the news from Poland and Turkey very interesting as they seem convinced he is coming here. Steve is basically covering all bases by saying 'nothings changed but things change very quickly in the transfer market' in other words he doesn't know. Reports at the other end seem to be the ones to look out for.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

About bloody time. Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun to be “in the know” when transfers are leaked but when it does happen, a lot more can go wrong. I’d much rather be kept in the dark and our business can go about inhibited rather than have a few decent players fall by the way side for the sake of my own online entertainment.

It was ridiculous in the mid-late 2010s.

54 minutes ago, Srg said:

Probably why we are pushing for something like three payments of 1 million over three years...

Archived