EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

2 minutes ago, Danelaw Rams said:

I hope the people of Spain don't think everyone from Derby are serial moaners! What's Mel supposed to do?,ask everyone in Derby before making a decision.  There's never dull moment supporting this club, and if we are docked points we'll all just continue to support Derby county which ever division we are in. Leeds Southampton Leicester Man city etc have all risen from division 1 in recent years. What will be will be, BUT we will come back from it, but it will be a lot easier without so called supporters dragging us down with "I'm not happy with this and that" and "I told you so". You could always support Deportivo!...ironically currently 17th in la Liga 2 and in all sorts of trouble!

I support the club and always have even going to most the games home and away  during our last time in the prem. Nor have I criticised any of the players this season as I understand we are rebuilding which will take time. I have faith in Cocu but I'm extremely disappointed we have been charged by the EFL. The new value of the stadium is to say the least comical which puts our club in very bad light. 

Sorry but MM has messed up big time and theres no point in pretending otherwise. Let's hope if points are deducted then they are along the same lines as Birmingham and they are deducted this season rather than next. I hate it as an ardent Derby fan that in effect our club has been charged with cheating! I'm certainly not dragging the club down just posting my disappointment although that goes against the grain here. 

I think MM and his advisors have been nieve but there has obviously been a change of strategy now. I hope it all gets sorted ASAP. And believe me I'd love to see MM get us back to the prem,! 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Rams-in-Spain said:

I support the club and always have even going to most the games home and away  during our last time in the prem. Nor have I criticised any of the players this season as I understand we are rebuilding which will take time. I have faith in Cocu but I'm extremely disappointed we have been charged by the EFL. The new value of the stadium is to say the least comical which puts our club in very bad light. 

Sorry but MM has messed up big time and theres no point in pretending otherwise. Let's hope if points are deducted then they are along the same lines as Birmingham and they are deducted this season rather than next. I hate it as an ardent Derby fan that in effect our club has been charged with cheating! I'm certainly not dragging the club down just posting my disappointment although that goes against the grain here. 

I think MM and his advisors have been nieve but there has obviously been a change of strategy now. I hope it all gets sorted ASAP. And believe me I'd love to see MM get us back to the prem,! 

Would you start going to matches again when we get back in prem?

2 minutes ago, TommyPowell said:

Would you start going to matches again when we get back in prem?

I now live in Spain but I have supported Derby for many years home and away even during the old 3rd division days. My reference to the last season in the prem was because it was dire but Derby is my tram so I supported them!

8 minutes ago, Rams-in-Spain said:

People make mistakes I'm afraid. Everything Mel Morris has done for this club has been done with the best intentions of getting Derby county back in the premiership ...with his money! Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. But look at the structure of the club, its stadium,  training facilities,  youth investment, fan base, commercial activities etc. We get it right on the pitch and we'll be up there for along time!

20 minutes ago, Rams-in-Spain said:

According to who? Certainly not the independent valuer and whoever at the EFL signed off on our P&S submissions. Shame on Mel for being naive enough to believe the EFL Executive signing off on out submissions wouldn't result in the EFL charging us for those approved reports.

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

According to who? Certainly not the independent valuer and whoever at the EFL signed off on our P&S submissions. Shame on Mel for being naive enough to believe the EFL Executive signing off on out submissions wouldn't result in the EFL charging us for those approved reports.

According to common sense. The new valuation is double the original valuation and over 20 million more than Villa Park and Hillsborough. But I'll leave it at that. 

It's crazy though because if a player has a bad game or even a bad start to the game then they get crucified on here but Mel can do no wrong ?

Anyway come on you Rams! 

49 minutes ago, Rams-in-Spain said:

According to common sense. The new valuation is double the original valuation and over 20 million more than Villa Park and Hillsborough. But I'll leave it at that. 

It's crazy though because if a player has a bad game or even a bad start to the game then they get crucified on here but Mel can do no wrong ?

Anyway come on you Rams! 

Players can have bad games ,make mistakes but I tend not to criticise them if they are really putting the effort in

Mel Morris invested in the academy to raise it to cat A status. Added pitches, improved the indoor facilities, added solar PV and bio mass heating.

Hes given them a transfer budget which has seen us bring in players like Bogle, knight, Luke Thomas etc

To imply all this has nothing to do with MM is pure wummery.

1 hour ago, Rams-in-Spain said:

Anyway come on you Rams! 

If you think MM is immune from criticism on here then you haven’t been here very long or haven’t been paying attention.  There are quite a few who are unwavering in their anti-Mel position, to which their ranks will be increased by your good self.

I want Mel to do well.  He has invested a lot of his own money in the club, has - I believe - done everything with the absolute best of intentions, seems to care passionately about the club’s long term future, is a life long fan, (mostly) speaks very well and seems - to me - very genuine etc etc etc.

I was thinking the other day, however, that if Jeremy Keith had still be in charge and we’d been charged with FFP breaches then there is little doubt I’d be frothing at the mouth calling for his head immediately.  Why am I not the same about Mel?  Well, presumably for the reasons given above.  

I genuinely believe that in Mel’s mind/heart, everything he has done has been for the good of the club, that - with regard to FFP - he has tried to act with integrity in terms of ensuring the EFL have been fully informed of our intentions and though no doubt finding loopholes, he has not with malice aforethought sought to break any rules (and the rules are stupid anyway).  

He has made many mistakes outside the finances of the club.  I certainly don’t blame him as some do for signing players.  He must act on what his manager’s want and I can’t see how backing those managers (who often bought poorly) is his fault.  However, the initial chopping and changing of managers was an error.  

I guess that Mel, just as Lionel before him, has built up a decent amount of goodwill in many fans and I trust him to get it sorted eventually.  I imagine others feel similarly and thus leap to his defence when criticised, even though we all know and recognise that he has made mistakes and has been far from perfect. 

6 minutes ago, LazloW said:

If you think MM is immune from criticism on here then you haven’t been here very long or haven’t been paying attention.  There are quite a few who are unwavering in their anti-Mel position, to which their ranks will be increased by your good self.

I want Mel to do well.  He has invested a lot of his own money in the club, has - I believe - done everything with the absolute best of intentions, seems to care passionately about the club’s long term future, is a life long fan, (mostly) speaks very well and seems - to me - very genuine etc etc etc.

I was thinking the other day, however, that if Jeremy Keith had still be in charge and we’d been charged with FFP breaches then there is little doubt I’d be frothing at the mouth calling for his head immediately.  Why am I not the same about Mel?  Well, presumably for the reasons given above.  

I genuinely believe that in Mel’s mind/heart, everything he has done has been for the good of the club, that - with regard to FFP - he has tried to act with integrity in terms of ensuring the EFL have been fully informed of our intentions and though no doubt finding loopholes, he has not with malice aforethought sought to break any rules (and the rules are stupid anyway).  

He has made many mistakes outside the finances of the club.  I certainly don’t blame him as some do for signing players.  He must act on what his manager’s want and I can’t see how backing those managers (who often bought poorly) is his fault.  However, the initial chopping and changing of managers was an error.  

I guess that Mel, just as Lionel before him, has built up a decent amount of goodwill in many fans and I trust him to get it sorted eventually.  I imagine others feel similarly and thus leap to his defence when criticised, even though we all know and recognise that he has made mistakes and has been far from perfect. 

What a great post, Lazlo. That's exactly how I feel. 

2 hours ago, Rams-in-Spain said:

Anyway come on you Rams! 

Yes mate , But it's done now..its this playing the blame game bol#☆cks that does my head in!.. I'm sure if we do get a points deduction it will be chaos on here,with people all so keen to tell everyone else how right they were, and they knew best blah blah blah!

12 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I would consider a few thousand hours travelling to games home and away in all weathers over a lifetime, despite some awful football on show on occasion a considerable investment. A supporters time is always a considerable investment. There is also monetary investment unless match tickets, shirts, programmes, coach travel, beer, food have always been free and no-one told me.

Sometimes a supporters level of investment is matched by the club's  hierachy , sometimes it isn't - depends who's running the ship .  Derby fan's tend to turn up at a pretty steady rate anyway, so I consider our investment equal to any and better than most .

I wish I'd known of this earlier. All those pubs and breweries I've invested in over the years means I could have retired by now if I'd cashed in.

3 hours ago, Rams-in-Spain said:

Anyway come on you Rams! 

I'm sorry, but you are incorrect - the stadium was last valued in 2007 at £55m ( and the EFL have accepted that figure for the last 11 years ! ).

This is a matter of fact, and is in the public domain.

That's a simple increase of approx 45% over 11 years - which doesn't seem too far fetched ?

8 hours ago, Ramslaar said:

What a joker.yes it was set up before mel but if it wasnt for mel we would still be cat 2 and have lost all our top youth to cat 1 teams for 50p each.understand history before using fingers on keyboard.

I think the academy became Cat 1 in 2014, MM didn’t buy the club outright until September 2015. Although he had put some investment in the club in 2014, I don’t think he can be credited with them being upgraded to Cat 1.

Archived