Mackay - Rooney

StockholmRam

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Agree with first statement but as a ginger yawn yawn. It's not funny and is not appreciated. 

Agree. No ginger animosity on this thread please. However, feel free to use the most diabolical terminology for anything Leeds United.

" marching on together... Back up t,m1, and out of the cup".

49 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Agree with first statement but as a ginger yawn yawn. It's not funny and is not appreciated. 

Don't take it personally FFS, I am a grey haired bar steward, so call me all you want I don't care!!!

I was only trying to express my preference, in a not too obvious way ok

11 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Don't take it personally FFS, I am a grey haired bar steward, so call me all you want I don't care!!!

I was only trying to express my preference, in a not too obvious way ok

Ok mate but perhaps you've not seen a ten year old with lemon juice trying to bleach and get rid of freckles with tears streaming down her face because of being called names or in my case for 65 years constantly having snide and unpleasant remarks made. I repeat it is not banter and I would ask you politely please to refrain from such comments in the future. Thank you

Early/mid 1970's used to see Dave Mackay almost every Saturday evening after a home game, mixing it with everyone else at Derby dog track.

Very happy days and fondly remembered.

He was some player and despite what some have said, he is very similar to Wazza. A forward turned to midfield general.

He always used to take the pennos at Derby too.

1 hour ago, Dappled Ram said:

Ok mate but perhaps you've not seen a ten year old with lemon juice trying to bleach and get rid of freckles with tears streaming down her face because of being called names or in my case for 65 years constantly having snide and unpleasant remarks made. I repeat it is not banter and I would ask you politely please to refrain from such comments in the future. Thank you

As a fellow former ginger (now grey) I personally didn't let any of the banter bother me.

However if you still have ginger hair at the age of 65, you should be embracing that fact.

19 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

As a fellow former ginger (now grey) I personally didn't let any of the banter bother me.

However if you still have ginger hair at the age of 65, you should be embracing that fact.

I'm glad you were not bothered by comments  but some are and I'm standing up for children and young people and as a former teacher I can state that it can border on bullying which is totally unacceptable.  Banter is not banter if it causes distress. Other minority groups don't put up with it why should gingers? I have stated my case and will post no more on this subject.

1 hour ago, Dappled Ram said:

Lighten up for God's sake!  What's this to do with Billy Bremner? It was a fact he had ginger hair.  The reason I would always prefer Mackay to him is nothing to do with the colour of his hair but the fact that I simply think Mackay was the better player of the two by a country mile.

The ginger hair reference was so that folk could determine which player I was referring to.  I could easily have said the shorter guy of the two but I suppose that may offend posters of lesser height?

Seems I can't win with you .....sorry if I offended you but it was meant to be light hearted humour only and not a personal attack on people with ginger hair and freckles.

Happy New Year

59 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Early/mid 1970's used to see Dave Mackay almost every Saturday evening after a home game, mixing it with everyone else at Derby dog track.

Very happy days and fondly remembered.

He was some player and despite what some have said, he is very similar to Wazza. A forward turned to midfield general.

He always used to take the pennos at Derby too.

That's right I used to see him there too along with a few other players, Phil Waller as I recall being one.  I used to sit and have a drink with Angus Morrison who was a big greyhound racing fan, as well as being a damned good centre forward too in his day

59 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Well said.  I was blonde but now grey 

Seemed to remember blondes came in for some stick too 

Bimbos and being stupid.  So it wasn't  just folk with ginger hair that came in for some stick

One of my mates had ginger hair too

Archived