Mackay - Rooney

StockholmRam

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought that too but then realised hardly anyone would know who Mickey Rooney was! ? ?

On a similar note, can someone please tell me who Duncan Holmes is/was? People keep using that name instead of 'Duane', just like people refer to Wayne as 'Mickey', but I can't find anything on Google about anyone notable called Duncan Holmes.

Edit: Just realised, aside from one time by @Mucker1884@Pastinaak is the only one to refer to him as such. Explain.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

On a similar note, can someone please tell me who Duncan Holmes is/was? People keep using that name instead of 'Duane', just like people refer to Wayne as 'Mickey', but I can't find anything on Google about anyone notable called Duncan Holmes.

It stems from his ferguson-ish behaviour on the pitch.

9 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think b4 referred to him as this when we first signed him. It was around the time of Marriott being referred to as a dud and Waghorn declaring himself a snip. It just sort of stuck. 

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

"Duncan Homeless" was my favourite ever B4ism and i decided to use my position as an influencer to make it a thing. Similarly I was hoping to make the "Snip'n'Dud" partnership a thing. 

It's an ongoing mission. Trends aren't set overnight. Glad you're on board now.

I won't rest until "Uptown Dunc" is being sung from the terraces.

I have to wonder if, instead of asking is "Rooney as good as Mackay", we ought to be asking "How the hell do we keep signing players of this magnitude to little ol' Derby? 

We got Mackay, we got Charlie George, we got Frank Lampard, we got Rooney. Why on earth do people of that level want to have anything to do with a little club in an unfashionable part of England who won two league championships not long after history books started getting written? It astounds me, but we keep on doing it! And long may it continue!

21 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Edit: Just realised, aside from one time by @Mucker1884@Pastinaak is the only one to refer to him as such. Explain.

21 hours ago, Dimmu said:

It stems from his ferguson-ish behaviour on the pitch.

21 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I think b4 referred to him as this when we first signed him. It was around the time of Marriott being referred to as a dud and Waghorn declaring himself a snip. It just sort of stuck. 

20 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

"Duncan Homeless" was my favourite ever B4ism and i decided to use my position as an influencer to make it a thing. Similarly I was hoping to make the "Snip'n'Dud" partnership a thing. 

It's an ongoing mission. Trends aren't set overnight. Glad you're on board now.

I won't rest until "Uptown Dunc" is being sung from the terraces.

All the above!  I was merely but one sheep in a small flock!  I like calling him "Big Dunc"!  It's endearing!  ?

Archived