The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

A group of white Americans carrying automatic rifles, march into a government building and scream into the faces of the police. The police take no action and even allow them to enter a council meeting chamber, so terrorising the people at that meeting.

A group of black Americans carrying cardboard placards, march down a street and the police fire rubber bullets and tear gas at them.

On group gets called good guys who are lawfully protesting, by President Trump. The other group he calls terrorist and wants to have them remove by force.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, ramit said:

Obstructing the police in the performance of their duties is what it's called i believe.  A threat?  No, just in their way when they want to perform some mass beating up of folks on the other side of that unfortunate old fella.

That's why 57 of that police team resigned from that task force, because 2 of them were suspended for doing what they are taught to do in police academy.

Minneapolis council members are considering disbanding their police force and rebuilding it from scratch, because it's too broken to fix.

Let that sink in.

https://time.com/5848705/disband-and-replace-minneapolis-police/

It's actually hard to  believe. I've got friends in the US and have spent a deal of time there over the years. My mum, god bless her, was out there for about 10 years and even met her 4th hubby out there whom she married in a drive through Little Chapel of Elvis in Vegas or some such equally bonkers set up. There's always been problems to be fair, New York back in the day, Chicago, Detroit but hell, has it ever been as bad as this. When the cops are worse than the criminals they're meant to be chasing, it's time for a major ducking re-think.

It's a country ready to blow itself apart and I lay the blame for that squarely at Trump's feet. Stoking unhealthy currents served him well in terms of securing power, but this is the natural progression and it's scary to watch.

4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Where's the threat? This guy is 75 years old ffs. Is this what Trump wanted when he screeched about law enforcement needing to be 'much tougher'?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52945190

Personally as a police officer called to a potential riot and told to clear the area...I wouldn't see a lot wrong with that. 

He approaches them, and he attempts to touch /grab one. Context is important...if he was merely passing through the area and was trying to say 'excuse me, my car is parked over the there could I get through to it'.. he was unlucky. If he had chosen to attend a demonstration and having listened to several demands to move from the area he had then approached them to remonstrate with them, then I have limited sympathy. 

The transport worker in London who died after they were spat on is rightly still getting lots of attention in the press, and if I were a police officer right now having to control, be yelled at, confront, move, wrestle with...lots of people I think I would be pretty impatient too. 

4 hours ago, 1of4 said:

A group of white Americans carrying automatic rifles, march into a government building and scream into the faces of the police. The police take no action and even allow them to enter a council meeting chamber, so terrorising the people at that meeting.

A group of black Americans carrying cardboard placards, march down a street and the police fire rubber bullets and tear gas at them.

On group gets called good guys who are lawfully protesting, by President Trump. The other group he calls terrorist and wants to have them remove by force.

Remind me again how many cars were burned/ stores were looted/ people were killed during the lockdown protest?

4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

It's actually hard to  believe. I've got friends in the US and have spent a deal of time there over the years. My mum, god bless her, was out there for about 10 years and even met her 4th hubby out there whom she married in a drive through Little Chapel of Elvis in Vegas or some such equally bonkers set up. There's always been problems to be fair, New York back in the day, Chicago, Detroit but hell, has it ever been as bad as this. When the cops are worse than the criminals they're meant to be chasing, it's time for a major ducking re-think.

It's a country ready to blow itself apart and I lay the blame for that squarely at Trump's feet. Stoking unhealthy currents served him well in terms of securing power, but this is the natural progression and it's scary to watch.

Is you're mum a used car sales Woman??

Trump can certainly take a huge share of this $hitstorm, But there's been successive Presidents over decades at fault, How much has changed after Ferguson, If you only fuel the fire then the fire just spreads, If protests fade away Trump may have a chance to win election...I don't think he will, Biden is old and his brains not set for optimum Calibration...the Leader of the Free World eh...we're ducked aint we...lol

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Personally as a police officer called to a potential riot and told to clear the area...I wouldn't see a lot wrong with that. 

He approaches them, and he attempts to touch /grab one. Context is important...if he was merely passing through the area and was trying to say 'excuse me, my car is parked over the there could I get through to it'.. he was unlucky. If he had chosen to attend a demonstration and having listened to several demands to move from the area he had then approached them to remonstrate with them, then I have limited sympathy. 

The transport worker in London who died after they were spat on is rightly still getting lots of attention in the press, and if I were a police officer right now having to control, be yelled at, confront, move, wrestle with...lots of people I think I would be pretty impatient too. 

Not seen many people defending the police on this one. You're definitely in the minority I'd say. 

On a lighter note. 

FB_IMG_1591428795857.jpg

12 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Not seen many people defending the police on this one. You're definitely in the minority I'd say. 

On a lighter note. 

FB_IMG_1591428795857.jpg

Used to minority views on this pearl clutching, sandal wearing, leftie dominated forum. ??

Not saying its something I actively support. Just that its not something out of the ordinary (waiting for the 'so does that mean we should accept it' comeback). Having been shoved around, barked at, generally treated with contempt at away grounds by UK police when I have done nothing and am sometimes with young children, I can't see in this situation that the guy could really expect any different, 70 or not. 

21 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

On a lighter note. 

FB_IMG_1591428795857.jpg

That's not a concrete ball, It's his left knacker, He was asking directions to the local hospital.

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Not saying its something I actively support. Just that its not something out of the ordinary (waiting for the 'so does that mean we should accept it' comeback). Having been shoved around, barked at, generally treated with contempt at away grounds by UK police when I have done nothing and am sometimes with young children, I can't see in this situation that the guy could really expect any different, 70 or not. 

The Cops wearing Riot Gear was the givaway, Stear well clear even in the UK, A Government health warning should be given...altho Government health warnings aren't to popular at the mo.

6 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Where's the threat? This guy is 75 years old ffs. Is this what Trump wanted when he screeched about law enforcement needing to be 'much tougher'?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52945190

Well what shocker SJW (left wing lunatic) deliberately walks into riot police to antagonise them and ends on the floor.
I tried this once in my younger days trying to look brave at a Derby/Forest game not exactly sure how I ended up on the floor either bundled over by the police horse or hit with police officers baton, all I can remember it hurt it was my own fault so never did it again. 

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Should have woke in 1960-1970 when African Americans altered the course for future generations. 

There is still a long way to go. Yes everyone can use the same toilets and bus seats but if you are black you still more likely to be killed by the police. You are still more likely to be sent to prison. You are still more likely to be left off a voting register or have to queue for hours to vote. You are still more likely to receive a sub-standard education. If you go to the states and speak to black people especially in the southern states, they will tell you that things haven't changed anywhere near enough.     

8 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Another Instamuppet opinion-chucking on the BLM movement here ? 

Aleksandar Katai cut by LA Galaxy over wife's 'racist and violent' Instagram posts

• Serbian released by Galaxy after wife’s racist Instagram posts
  • Tea Katai mocked protests related to killing of George Floyd

The Instagram posts made by Tea Katai on Tuesday, which have since been deleted, mocked protests related to the killing of George Floyd while in police custody in Minneapolis last week. One image showed a police SUV attempting to drive through protesters in New York. A caption in Serbian read, “Kill the poops!” while a second showed a picture of an individual carrying boxes of Nikes with the caption “Black Nikes Matter”.

Her husband Aleksander, who had only just joined the club remarked, 'ah well, ya know, that's just Tea. She can sure can crack a funny, huh! She's not really a racist though, like all these folk are saying, she just hates black people and likes to say shitty things about anybody with different skin pigmentation to her. She doesn't mean it though and she once knew a guy who wasn't white, so she can't be a racist, right?' *

*He didn't really, I just made that poo up. He actually seems like a decent human being, unlike his bilious, crackpot wife.

Full story here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/05/aleksandar-katai-wife-racist-social-media

Unfortunately that sort of attitude is the norm in ‘Eastern European’ countries. Maybe it’s due to an almost total lack of integration with people from other ethnicities?
As my girlfriend’s from Slovakia, her dad comes to visit us once or twice a year. On one occasion whilst at the airport to return home, we stopped by the baggage drop area. A Muslim man was there waiting to collect the bags, but my gf’s dad was terrified at the prospect of handing his suitcase over due to the fear of the baggage handler stealing it ?‍♂️
If it isn’t the attitude for a majority of people in these countries, it certainly is a very large minority. 

Archived