The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

This is the respect the police have these days.

If my parents had seen me behaving like this I would be fearful of going home.

I'm torn on this ,the youths deserve a good slap ,but the copper just isn't up to the job.I'm afraid the police have suffered like a lot of organisations taking recruits on which clearly are not good enough due to our PC world .

Years ago you had to be 5 foot 10 inches and physically fit and able to swim a certain distance ,nowadays people think they have a right to pursue a career regardless. I'm 66 and he couldn't arrest me unless I let him.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I'm torn on this ,the youths deserve a good slap ,but the copper just isn't up to the job.I'm afraid the police have suffered like a lot of organisations taking recruits on which clearly are not good enough due to our PC world .

Years ago you had to be 5 foot 10 inches and physically fit and able to swim a certain distance ,nowadays people think they have a right to pursue a career regardless. I'm 66 and he couldn't arrest me unless I let him.

1officer surrounded by 9 or 10 gobshites.

Wouldnt be a major shock if they were carrying knives in their handbags.

Maybe if officer had the option of accidentally tasering or shooting one of them they might take a bit more notice.

4 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

That's part of the "attacks on the standards of working people comes from the government you elect" that he's talking about

But the location of the cheap labour is irrelevant. It is as much overseas as it is here. In my industry the attacks have been offshoring roles to India, Phillipines, Costa Rica - wherever the cheapest labout is. We don't bring the cheap labour here

Forty years of free market ideology has seen Britain deindustrialise more than any other advanced economy. Britain is the only country in the G7 where manufacturing is less than 10% of the economy, with or without cheap imported labour.

If we have imported so much cheap labour, why aren't they making anything?

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

FB_IMG_1588879088827.jpg

in fairness creme eggs aren't as big as they used to be 

just to add ids clearly has had his head stuck up his own arse if he thinks it's time to 'unlock lockdown '

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

just to add ids clearly has had his head stuck up his own arse if he thinks it's time to 'unlock lockdown '

Why has he? Wasn't lockdown only ever meant to be a short term solution to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed? Well, it isn't overwhelmed. So relaxing some measures seems the sensible step.

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why has he? Wasn't lockdown only ever meant to be a short term solution to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed? Well, it isn't overwhelmed. So relaxing some measures seems the sensible step.

is he asking for a phased relaxation of measures or an end to it though. 

if the former then that appears to be on the cards so possibly a non story 

Sith Happens
Just now, bigbadbob said:

Yea I saw her yesterday. I wouldn't before but I would now

she must so happy 

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It will be if too many people read the Sun.

59 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

1officer surrounded by 9 or 10 gobshites.

Wouldnt be a major shock if they were carrying knives in their handbags.

Maybe if officer had the option of accidentally tasering or shooting one of them they might take a bit more notice.

It's not even about arming police, it's just about them actually being able and willing to do their jobs. All of these shitheels are on camera, guess how many of them will be charged? On the plus side the police will probably produce another cringe inducing rap to get their point across.

Archived