The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

2 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

They were good points generally. IMO irrelevant to current situation.

It is definitely and undeniably unproven how the pandemic came about. That does not mean we get to fill in the blanks with whatever takes our fancy and expect to be taken seriously.

That's the thing, though, i don't expect you to take me seriously, but you do not speak for others.  i am not filling in any blanks with whatever takes my fancy, you are putting words in my mouth with that remark, i am keeping my options open.  i posted two quotes that i think are as relevant today as when they were written, perhaps even more so, i then answered your somewhat loaded questions with my opinion.  You seem to have a problem with that, but if so, that's exactly what it is, your problem.  You will notice that i don't ask you any questions, as i don't need to.

Believe what you like, i will do the same

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

No way. Too much attention has been given to ethnic minorities. Time to remember everyone else, otherwise that's just racism. Which doesn't exist any more, can't understand why those bloody lefties can't just leave it. 

I wasnt aware racism only applies to minorities.

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I wasnt aware racism only applies to minorities.

That's literally what I just wrote. Except racism is a thing of the past. Legislation is in place which is enough. Time for some pro white legislation before it's a crime to be a white male. Time to protect the native English. 

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

Good point. Minority white groups treated majority native populations in an appallingly racist fashion when taking over their homelands.

That was well over a decade ago. Stop living in the past. God bless Tommy! 

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sorry, I simply don't buy this . If you do, that's a choice your making to associate with them.  Stay away from that time machine back to 1974 Marty.

The thing is all politicians have forever been the but of cruel satire. The worse they are the greater the satire. It matters not what side they are on. You have power in a public position, get ready for the flack. 

I don’t doubt that there are elements on the far right that have taken huge delight at Abbot being attacked for the wrong reasons and they will be joined by a fair few misogynists, but that is small beer. She was hopeless as a front bencher. She didn’t speak well, her maths was appalling. She was out of her depth. She went from being none league councillor, preaching to the choir where a few of the right buzzwords and a lot of like minded colleagues sufficed, to the premier league, fell over her own laces most times she got the ball. Lightweight and inept. 

In the same way Mogg was a laughing stock of a dinosaur with his nose up his own orifice. A golden gem for the left. And  for to the vast majority of those in the broad centre, an anachronistic joke cartoon figure. For his senior party colleagues .. one word .. embarrassing. 

I suspect that 80- 90% of folk..(including me)  .. don’t care what colour or gender anyone is, but they can spot hopeless a mile off. In a political spotlight this will always be seized on. It might suit the victim ideology to exaggerate the bigotry (I am not denying it’s there ) but it’s a great tool to deflect scrutiny. 

14 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Good point. Minority white groups treated majority native populations in an appallingly racist fashion when taking over their homelands.

On this basis, I assume you still look upon all Germans as war mongers?

Just so I'm aware, how long should I be apologetic for my ancestors behaviour?

11 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

That was well over a decade ago. Stop living in the past. God bless Tommy! 

Phew was getting worried that you hadnt managed to play the old Tommy card for a few weeks.

Think he is the written version of your laughing emoji when you realise you cant argue your case...

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Got to admit it is amazing when all of the rest of the world were obviously so adequately prepared for it.

Questions do need to be asked and we need to be sure that the same mistakes dont happen again, isnt that how you help improve society?

So if the other countries of the world didn't see the coming dangers, the coronavirus will have on them. Then that absolves Johnson and his government of any blame for how this crisis is being dealt with here.

Gordon Brown will be pleased to know that nobody blames him for how the British economy faired after the world's financial banking crisis.

10 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

So if the other countries of the world didn't see the coming dangers, the coronavirus will have on them. Then that absolves Johnson and his government of any blame for how this crisis is being dealt with here.

Gordon Brown will be pleased to know that nobody blames him for how the British economy faired after the world's financial banking crisis.

Different scenario. Brown blew our gold reserves. If he hadn't wasted it, we could have been looking at it now. Instead he wasted it on stupid stuff like public services. 

37 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The average price of gold that Gordon Brown sold US $275 per ounce, the price today US $1,683 per ounce.

As a rough estimate if we were selling it today we would raise circa £17bn more.

That's an awful lot of PPE.

42 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

No but any logical person would think that maybe this virus has affected EVERYWHERE in a way that nobody had seriously imagined would happen.

Very interested to see what all of the Boris Bashers have to say about the EU handling of the coronavirus.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The average price of gold that Gordon Brown sold US $275 per ounce, the price today US $1,683 per ounce.

As a rough estimate if we were selling it today we would raise circa £17bn more.

I'd hope we wouldn't sell the gold though. It would be horrible if the price went up tenfold, and we'd wasted it on PPE. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

That's barely 15% of even 1 HS2, and nowhere near the cost of even 1 bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Very interested to see what all of the Boris Bashers have to say about the EU handling of the coronavirus.

They've got no comeback. The EU is an irrelevance and likely will collapse in the next few weeks. Any day now. Thank god for Boris, the Queen and Nigel ? 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

That's barely 15% of even 1 HS2, and nowhere near the cost of even 1 bridge between Scotland and Northern Ireland.

We need that bridge though. How else can we get to Northern Ireland? 

Don't listen to experts saying it's technically impossible - had enough of experts. I'm sure with enough people getting behind it, it'll be great! 

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I wasnt aware that these projects had happened yet.

Certainly think there will be a rethink on these projects after this situation has died down.

9 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I'd hope we wouldn't sell the gold though. It would be horrible if the price went up tenfold, and we'd wasted it on PPE. 

6 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

They've got no comeback. The EU is an irrelevance and likely will collapse in the next few weeks. Any day now. Thank god for Boris, the Queen and Nigel ? 

No response to the points raised...you do surprise me...

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I wasnt aware that these projects had happened yet.

Certainly think there will be a rethink on these projects after this situation has died down.

You are applying different standards, basically because you are judging an action taken purely with the benefit of hindsight.

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't hold Gordon Brown responsible for the global financial crisis of 2008, but his decision to sell off the gold reserves when he did was a massive mistake and pretty much indefensible from an economic standpoint.

Edit: Indefensible is probably too harsh, but goes against the principle of saving for a rainy day which is primarily what Gold should be for.

Archived